1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let's put some names and faces on it

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Alcott, Jul 27, 2004.

?
  1. Carl Sagan—proclaimed disbelief in God; not known to have changed this belief

51.3%
  2. John Kennedy—Catholic, took sacraments, but not known to be especially devout; not known to have cha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ann Landers—Jewish; believed in God, said Jesus was a great teacher but <i>not</i> her savior, and n

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Anwar Sadat—as President of Egypt, he negotiated peace with Israel and was assassinated by more extr

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ida Strauss—wealthy Jew, who along with husband grew Macy’s Department Store,, and refused to leave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. David Koresh—claimed he <i>is</i> Jesus Christ; ruled defiant cult in compound, claimed women in cul

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Michael Landon—producer of <i>Little House on the Prairie</i> and <i>Highway to Heaven</i>, he claim

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Ronald Reagan—Presbyterian by membership, referred to God in national speeches, but at least once sa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Elvis Presley—referred to God and recorded gospel albums, was generous to his close friends; but wa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Mickey Mantle—admitted heavy drinking, adultery, other sins; was persuaded to make a decision for Ch

35.9%
  11. I will not presume that anyone is in hell [hades], no matter how compelling the 'evidence'

7.7%
  12. I will not answer affirmatively to any of the mentioned people because we have no concern with such

2.6%
  13. I do not believe <i>anyone</i> is in hell [hades] <i>right now</i>

2.6%
  14. I do not believe there is such a place or condition as hell [hades]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Michael52

Michael52 Member

Amen! [​IMG]

2. Jason-P

Jason-P New Member

Jesus said that if you do not forsake all you cannot be His disciples. Mental ascent will not get anyone into heaven. Jesus called for repentance, and yet so many want to leave it out. I believe we are a part of a kingdom, a Holy Nation. We must renounce our claim to our former kingdom, and live for our new kingdom. Paul said that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus. That could have gotten people fired, unable to buy goods, or killed. If they had called anyone Lord but caesar was potentially in trouble. Please correct me if I'm wrong on Roman law. I don't believe someone gets to just say "I believe in Jesus" and go to heaven. Faith is so much more than what most preach in church, Believing is very proactive.
    It scares me to meet people who claim to be saved and going to heave with a beer bottle in their hand, a girl their going to have sex with that night, and no concern for anyone else. The bible clearly states who cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.
    Hmm, hope i didn't go off the deap end here. Heb 3:14 says: For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end. I think the Kingdom of God has more serious implications than we think. If someone disavows Jesus, He will not go to heaven. Well, that's my .02 cents.

God bless,
    Jason

3. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

I answered a lot of the poll questions....BUT as others have said...WE do not know the hearts of these people, therefore WE don't know who is in heaven or hell... but based on the statements as written, I provided my opinion only. Some I chose not to answer.

NomadsWife

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some have openly and publically declared their salvation is through works, church rite and virtue of Mary (Pope John Paul for example).

Such testimony allows them to condemn themselves already.

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:18

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." John 3:36

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did you answer the question about conversion in the person's final 2 seconds?

6. Jason-P

Jason-P New Member

Hello Alcott. I don't remember, but I'm sure I would've answered yes someone could be saved in their final 2 seconds of life. The thief on the cross is a perfect example. But he didn't ask Jesus to take Him into His kingdom, just remember him. He confessed that he didn't deserve to go with Jesus, and did deserve to die a sinners death.
    Do I believe that everyone that prays a quick prayer on their deathbed because they are really scared of their impending death gets born again. I would have to say no.
    I don't mean to offend anyone.

Later,

jason