1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let's Remember

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by ktn4eg, Aug 27, 2011.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

...all those in prayer who may be affected by Hurricane Irene. :praying:

I have family and friends that most likely will be impacted by it, and I know that there are probably some right here on BB that may be affected by it as well. (annsi on Long Island comes to mind.)

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep, we're right in the path and expect the eye to pass either over us or near us. We're hunkered down now and are ready for whatever comes. It's amazing to think that the Long Island Sound will end up with up to 20' seas - right where we had sailed!! YIKES!!

Please pray for friends of ours who have decided to stay on their boat up the Connecticut River because they want to continue on their vacation. We recommended that they get a hotel but he said that he didn't want to leave the boat. So please pray for Keith and Diane's safety. I think they are nuts!

I'll try to post tomorrow as long as we have cell service. We have a wi-fi hotspot device from Virgin Mobile and my iPad is all charged so as long as we get service, I can post. By this time tomorrow, we should be looking at clear skies! Crazy!

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

5 am and so far so good. Wind isn't bad, rain isn't either. We're due to have her hit around 8 am.

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

good to hear that you are safe, Anne! Praying for you and family and for Keith and Diane safety as well although I think, they are overworking their guardian angels!
    Hope to hear that all is well with you all!

Lord, keep everyone safe from Hurricane Irene,floods,tornadoes,and high winds, in the name of Jesus. Amen

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

6. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Wow! Lifted that tree right out of the ground! Have been checking for an update from you, Ann. So glad to hear you guys are ok.

7. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Yes, we hope you,Ann and your family and friends are all found safe and sound as we continue to pray for you all!