1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lets stop hating the Pistons folks!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Timtoolman, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Close the other thread so I started another.

Bird was a one of the greats. He also could not jump, run fast or did not have great moves. He played mostly with his smarts. I don't know many people who honestly would not agree that. Compared to other athletes in the league bird was a slow ole white boy. I think that is what was meant by Isaih. And so many people were saying it back then.
    I think what we have here is not Piston rose colored glasses but hatred colored glasses. [​IMG]
    I remember the Bulls saying that anyone that came in the paint was going to pay. The Pistons pounded Jordon and his crew mercilessly for years before they dismantled the bad boys. Then they got Rodman who they complain about during the championship play offs, and started winnning. There were no bad boys to keep them in check.
    Detroit had two great teams with great players. It is still a team sport and those that realize it will win.
    As far as lambeer it was Larry Bird I saw hit him from behind. Pulled his head back punched him then ran backwards. Yes Bill is a jerk but he did not have much athletic talant either. He just knew how to postion his body and get rebounds and had a great shot. INside and out. Made him hard to stop.
    Isaih was unbelievable as a player. He was a better shot then Bird in my opinion. He was a small guy like Parker but could score at will. However it was a team sport and he knew how to get the others involved. The playoffs where he sprained his ankle and played showed more guts and attitude of a winner then anyone else ever showed.
    By the way Danny ange was the king whinner before lambeer. Someone should have taken him out and spanked the little bratt.

And SBC the C/A debate could mess up anybody but I escaped unharmed, unharmed, unharmed, escap[ed, escaped, escaped, unharmed, unharmed........

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I posted this on the other thread, but will copy it here too:

Sorry, you got this one wrong here. When the Bulls won their first championship they knocked off the Bad Boys in the playoffs and they had all of their players when they did it. That is when many of the Piston players walked off the court with a few seconds left and refused to shake the Bulls hands after the series. Real class, huh? Joe Dumars was one of the few who stayed out on the coart and shook hands. He was and continues to be a class guy.

Rodman did not join the Bulls untl their 2nd three-peat. The first 3 championships were won without Rodman.

So you cannot argue that the Bulls only got good after the Pistons were dismantled and after they picked up Rodman.

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Yep your right, agian.

Going back over to the C/A debate. Was doing much better there!

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The empirical data doesn't back up your claim, but you call it your opinion, so no need to quibble.

As could Bird, unless Michael Cooper was guarding him. Cooper was like Kryptonite to Bird. Regardless, you can't make any kind of implication that Isaiah played more of a team game than Bird did. Bird is legendary for his passing.

I agree that it was a great performance, but the hyperbole is a bit over the top. [​IMG]

Isaiah was a great player, no doubt, but let's not get carried away and say that he was a better player than Bird.

There is also that matter of Isaiah kissing Magic Johnson before every game of the 88 Finals. :eek:

Ick.

5. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

There is also that matter of Isaiah kissing Magic Johnson before every game of the 88 Finals.

Oh yeah, you had to bring that up! shessh I concede. The Pistons are a bunch of gay thugs that just stole the championship! What has the NBA come too!?

6. PastorSBC1303

Tim, I suggest you stop being a piston fan, take 2 aspirin and call ccr in the morning. [​IMG]

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You know, you make an interesting point there, Tim. Isaiah kissed Magic. Dennis Rodman wore a wedding dress for a publicity stunt.

Laimbeer was a well known thug. Mahorn wasn't as dirty as Laimbeer, but a tough guy nonetheless.

Hmmm... Makes one think, doesn't it? [​IMG]

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

[​IMG]

I don't think it's possible to come back after having converted to the dark side. :D

9. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I think Bird was quicker and more athletic than people make him out to be. His legend continues to be this embellished version of the Big Lumbering White Guy, so that in a few generations we will be comparing him to John Daly or Chris Farley on the basketball court. That's simply not the case. The man was quick and the man could move. Yes, he was smart, but that wasn't all brains out there on the court. He was quite an athlete.

Sometimes I think there is credence to Isaiah Thomas's quip.

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I have to disagree with time regarding Larry Bird. I think Andy is right on here. Not to mention Bird's accuaracy at long rang was impressive.

11. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You know, you make an interesting point there, Tim. Isaiah kissed Magic. Dennis Rodman wore a wedding dress for a publicity stunt.

Laimbeer was a well known thug. Mahorn wasn't as dirty as Laimbeer, but a tough guy nonetheless.

Hmmm... Makes one think, doesn't it? [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Laimbeer was a sissy. Have you ever played bb against someone who was 100 lbs bigger then you. It makes you mad when you get bumped someone that big. I think Mahorn gave what he got. Laimbeer was an act. He was scared of his own shadow.

Its a shame when a bunch of gay thugs can kick the crap out of the good guys!?

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Better yet I'll save the asprin for you and call you after the play-offs Mr. Bulls fan. You are a man of huge amounts of faith I will give you that SBC. [​IMG] ;) [​IMG]

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I weighed 200 lbs. when I was a senior in high school. Not many 300 pounders play basketball. If I had played anybody that big, I have my mad basketball skillz that would have allowed me to constantly drive around them to score layup after layup. :D

14. PastorSBC1303

What's that Tim, I can't quite hear you? I think we got a bad connection. Or maybe it is the 6 NBA Championship banners that keep getting in my way. ;) [​IMG] :D [​IMG]

15. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

What's that Tim, I can't quite hear you? I think we got a bad connection. Or maybe it is the 6 NBA Championship banners that keep getting in my way. ;) [​IMG] :D [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] well I know one more that will impair your hearing/site but it won't be hanging from the Bulls ceiling. ;)

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

What's that Tim, I can't quite hear you? I think we got a bad connection. Or maybe it is the 6 NBA Championship banners that keep getting in my way. ;) [​IMG] :D [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] well I know one more that will impair your hearing/site but it won't be hanging from the Bulls ceiling. ;) </font>[/QUOTE]rofl!!! [​IMG]
    Good one Tim!

17. PastorSBC1303

Why would a banner for the Mavs or Spurs bother me ;) [​IMG]

18. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Oh the hatred! It runs so deep. :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Convicted by the Spirit

Detroit is good but the Mavs and Spurs are BETTER!

:D :D :D :D :D

20. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Were do you people come from? Welcome to the planet earth anyways! ;)