Let's talk about David.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Nov 20, 2013.

1. percho

percho
    Expand Collapse

Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. Acts 2:29-31

Was David chosen by God?
    Did David die being under the old covenant or the new covenant?
    Did David die according to faith and or die having obtained a good report through faith?

This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Acts 2:32 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. Acts 13:34 Who is the I and who is the you?

Will the dead David be in the kingdom of God? If yes, what took place that will allow David to be in the kingdom of God? Was David under the schoolmaster of the old covenant so that by faith he might be declared righteous? What faith declared David to be righteous being David died under the schoolmaster? Fifty days after the resurrection of Jesus was David still dead and buried? Is this the reason why?

And these all, having obtained a good report through the faith, *the faith to come* received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Heb 11:39,40

Bold in the Greek *my thoughts*

Will David be in the kingdom of God under the old covenant or under the new covenant?

By what means will David enter the kingdom of God?