1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let's Talk About Obama's Latest Humiliation

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Sep 2, 2011.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama wants to give a jobs creation speech before a joint session of Congress. According to Congressional decorum he is supposed to consult with the leader of the House to set a date for any convening of Congress for these purposes.

But no, Obama went ahead and scheduled his speech to be on Wednesday evening, September 7th, apparently without consulting with John Boehner. The problem with this time slot is that there is a Republican Presidential debate scheduled at the same time at the Reagan Library in California.

Obama then consulted with Boehner and Boehner suggested he reschedule the speech for Thursday, September 8th. Obama complied.

So I have to wonder if it was deliberate? Did Obama schedule his speech to compete and take away from the Republican debate?

Or is he so stupid that he would schedule this opposite a Republican event, the very people he needs to get behind his proposals?

Or is he so dumb that he didn't check the political calendar of events before he scheduled the speech?

Either way, it's humiliating for the President to have to reschedule a major speech by having to ask permission of the Republican leadership.

Another factor is that there is the opening game of the NFL season happening on Thursday night. I know which event I'll be watching--ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!!

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He promised that the speech will be over before the kick off... Personally, I think his speech is already over.