1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letter To The Red Cross

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I care what the reasons were because that's fundamental to whether or not they should have received any support. The intent of my contributions to the Red Cross is to help people in dire need as the result of natural disasters - or something similar - beyond their own control. The intent of my contributions to the Red Cross is not to provide comfort to a bunch of protestors - for any cause - but much less for one I think is "much ado about nothing". I don't care if it only cost 14 cents a bottle which I seriously doubt given the inflated costs of everything done by such organizations.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by carpro
    :eek:

I posted this topic a year ago.

Where did I indicate I was "upset", as you call it?

I prefer my giving to be used locally where I can watch how it's used. I do not give to organizations that privide relief for the benefit of criminals.

#22 carpro, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
  3. donnA

donnA Active Member

It is important when someone gave them the money for disaster relief, not bottled water for protesters who were not experiencing a disaster, and chose their situation, and came unprepared for it.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This s not what people give money to the REd Cross for. Maybe libs can start a new organization called "Protester Relief".

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The way I read the letter the Red Cross is asking for the state of Louisiana to pay their costs. If you have a beef it should be against Louisianna.

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I've had plenty of concerns with Louisiana over the years but, in this case, the money was donated to and spent by the Red Cross. The Red Cross shouldn't be asking the tax payers of Louisiana to pay for their misuse of money donated to them.