1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Liar, liar ... pants on fire! Who's the bigger liar: Clinton or Trump?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jun 9, 2016.

?
  1. Hillary

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Trump

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. One is as bad as the other ...

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Trump is not quite at Clinton's level when it comes to lying.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Hillary is not quite at Trump's level when it comes to lying ...

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul did

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's 100% true!!!

So called political conservatives just don't want to recognize that they've been pimped by a lot of those in the background to their own detriment just as they claim those on the left have been pimped to theirs.

If that pic wasn't so big, it would make a wonderful siggy.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

SNIP
    Who gave him privileges to once again start with the dreaded polls?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

#23 Zaac, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Haven't we established yet that every politician has to be an opportunist?

:Thumbsup

I think his ego is also part of his agenda. He likes being seen as big, relevant and important. He believed amassing money gave him those things. Now he wants more. Frankenstein is on the loose.

So why is the GOP supporting him? He makes the GOP look like exactly what the naysayers have said they were for decades.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

PJ, I think there may be more substance to Hillary's faith from what I can ascertain than people realize. They want her to be a certain something because they don't like her or her husband and don't want her to be elected. And even though some may question its truthfulness, I think there is something to be said of a woman who was publicly humiliated as she was, but who still stayed in her marriage because as she said, her faith in God.

But for Donald Trump, I say look at what was quoted of him in this thread, http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/the-depth-of-donald-trumps-christian-faith.100042/.

It is sad.

6. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with your descriptions, but from them arrive at the opposite conclusion. To me, lying is more than mere mistakes/untruthfulness - it requires an intent to deceive. One should not call the weather forecaster a liar when the predicted sunny day turns into a washout, unless it becomes known that said forecaster knew it was going to rain and called for "chamber of commerce" weather anyway. I think, as you've implied, that Clinton clearly has intent to deceive, while Trump often actually believes the stuff he says, making Clinton the greater liar IMO. However, this is not intended as value judgment; the loose cannon may present as much or more danger than one being aimed at our ship.

Yes, we know Clinton has a liberal agenda and Trump has a "who knows?" agenda. Maybe he'll pick able staff and cabinet members and allow them to do their jobs without "You're fired!" being heard every week. Maybe he'll be worse than our scariest nightmare. Clinton's agenda is better understood, and I think she would be more skillful in getting it enacted than Obama has been with his, but there's little benefit in a car going 100 mph when it's traveling in the wrong direction.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We must.

The health of our nation and even the world depends on our choice of the POTUS.

Along with "judge not" Jesus also said "judge righteous judgment".

Though they are at a distance from us we have long histories of both individuals.

Jesus also told us to beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
    That takes a form of judgment called discernment to see the predator through the fleece,
    listen for the hunter howl and see the hidden flesh tearing fangs.

Since we can see and hear them instantly through 21st century technology, then through this discernment along with prayer and seeking the Lord we make our decision.

Last, we are in a nation in which we are expected to vote for our leadership and this time around we have a difficult time of it.

In my estimation Trump is the lesser of two evils - the proverbial "bull in the china shop".

HankD