1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberal attacks women's rights.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by El_Guero, Jan 12, 2007.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Boxer attacked Rice because Rice does not have children.

Gotta love it . . .

Now, I listened to OReilly - so if you are part of those great Americans and our liberal government has reduced your income and you cannot afford cable - don't blame me because I have a job that has not been reduced to poverty by liberals off shoring our jobs.

121900 hours CTS today - OReilly factor.

2. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Boxer's comment was certainly a low blow and offensive, however I don't think she was attacking women's rights as much as she was the war in Iraq.

3. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

And that could change in thew blink of an eye.

Luke Chapter 18

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
    11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
    12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
    13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
    14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That is factually inaccurate. Boxer attacked Rice for her support of the Iraq invasion when Rice knew or should have known that al Qaeda did not operate in Iraq (Bush's own State Department prepared a list of countries al Qaeda was know to operate out of and Iraq was conspicuous in its absence - Bush signed off on the report).

As for the remark on how Rice would not lose a chiild to the war, it was made AFTER Boxer stated that she herself would not.

Where is the attack on women's rights? There simply isn't any.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe you are right. In her rush to be purely offensive and nasty, she failed to foresee the effect her remarks would have on those who take their rights as women seriously.

6. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

She's a carbuncle on California's and the nations but. She is by no means alone.