1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Liberal Christianity vs. Seeker Friendly Christanity

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also som ewho post here who regard man as totally freewill, that man freely decides to get saved or not!
    That no original Sin, born innocent, no effects from the fall!

neither calvinists nor Arminians agree with that!

2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF God really wanted to save all, and the cross was sufficient to save all sinners, why aren't all then saved? is the will and power of God not enough to get that done, or is there something that not even he can overcome?

AH, human free will, right?

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

Why did you ask? You already knew the answer.

The difference between you and me is that I can show scripture that says God is not willing that any should perish, but all men come to repentance. I can show scripture that says God does not delight in the death of the wicked.

I can even show scripture where God himself says men have their own voluntary (free) will.

You, you just run your mouth. Only an idiot would listen to you.

You just keep teaching false doctrine, someday you will stand before God and answer for all the garbage you constantly spew out.

4. mactx

mactx New Member

If something is scriptural it should have no other name nor need any other name that biblical or scriptural.
    That a human has their name attached should give one pause at the beginning.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you hold that the anger of the lord is kindled/reserved unto the ungodly/ bible does!

that God said that he would withhhold the truths of the kingdom for some, and gave that to his own? bible does!

that there is a difference between God saving His own, and aloowing sinners to stay as they are?

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yeshua's parents had great hopes for him, he had a rocket arm. His older brother was a skilled hitter.

But somewhere along the way something went wrong...

[​IMG]

7. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Um, this seems to be really off topic. Some claim to be able to understand the Bible but clearly can't understand the rules of this board. sad. It looked like an interesting topic before someone had to bring in another topic.

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pitchback

Do you never tire of posting falsehoods and absurdity? God either causes or allows whatsoever comes to pass. This is what the bible teaches. Calvinism on the other hand teaches God predestines (ordains) whatsoever comes to pass. Thus Closed theism. If you think God allows men to make choices between life and death, as scripture teaches, then you are an open theist, just like all Arminians, and others that understand we are responsible for the choice between life and death. Now our faith may be very flawed, for it is God alone who either credits our faith as righteousness or concludes our faith is not from the heart or is half hearted.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because He wanted all to be saved does not automatically mean that all have to be saved. I want my kids to do and be a lot of things. But I give them some room to make their won choices. Doing that does not mean that I did not want them to do something else.

This is a strawman.

10. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

RevMitchll posted...

What!!!

God (((LEARNS))) !!!

I have never heard of that. I am assuming it is the ultra liberals.???...

#70 Alive in Christ, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
  11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Van

You claim this,however upon closer examination we will see it is just another believer exposing this as the error that it is.

Like all who teach falsely ...when caught, you now seek to shift from your position and word things in a way that tries to look reasonable...

The teaching that you offer..."milk of the gospel does not exist"...and is no where to be found.

New Christitans are instructed to desire the Sincere milk of the word. Christians alone can welcome and understand the "milk" of the word,and later on, the meat of the word.

The unsaved cannot welcome ,or receive the word as you falsely teach.
    Did you teach that in this post???Nope...you changed what you have posted many times before.....You teach that unsaved natural man can receive the "milk of the word"...despite your wriggling around in this post.

You have taught the error this way...everytime you have posted it, until you were called on it...HERE YOU GO:
    That is the error that you have posted and most likely will post again:thumbs: You deny 1 cor 2:14 and supply your "view" .

1 Corinthians 3:2 refers to some spiritual food as meat and more fundamental spiritual food as milk. The new Christians, babies in Christ, could not understand the meat so Paul taught them using the milk spiritual food.

Here is how you have posted this error over and over again, I just picked one example as you repeat the error ,over and over.
    This verse is addressed to believers
    Thus, even though "the milk or fundamentals of the gospel" does not appear as an exact phrase, the concept that men of flesh and babies in Christ can understand milk is in the bible (1 Corinthians 3:2),

Wrong

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman

Or are you now Nostrawinmandamus.....I write to AIC and put the wavey guy :wavey: in the post...and you have seen this as a symbol of Implying AIC is "lost and going to hell".......I did not know the wavey guy was a symbol of the white throne judgement:wavey: You have special abilities Winman...unique insights:laugh:

This is coming from a dark place inside of you Winman.Get control of yourself. So....once again ,You confess that you do not worship the God that I worship......I did not think so.....so this comes as no surprise:thumbsup:

Yes....and sadly you deny many verses on all kinds of topics!

They know that none of those spoken of in 2 Pet.3.....are going to perish...not one of them . God is long-suffering to us-ward
    Not WILLING THat ANY Perish.....not one of them will perish.

They understood as I do.You do not see it.You cannot.

You have not shown any such thing.You still do not get what any of us are saying.

Actually...He did...
    1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
    10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

As the gospel converts men and the kingdom spreads God's will is being done on earth,as it is in heaven.We pray for the blessings of the gospel finding the sheep.

Each and everyone do...in fact they know it much clearer now.

God does not delight in the death of the wicked....he wept over Jerusalem,and yet...he will cast them into second death.
    There is the truth,and compromise.You cannot see the difference.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

You have been called out numerous times for implying your opponents are lost. I have a feeling I was right on the money concerning you, and I think you know that too. :thumbsup:

No, it comes from seeing you imply your opponents are lost over and over again.

The funny thing is that you do not even know if you are elect. :laugh:

Calvinism is famous for changing the definitions of words, non-Cals and Arminians have no need to wrest the scriptures. When scripture says God is not willing that ANY should perish, we understand that as all men. It is you and Calvinism that must redefine this word to mean only the elect, as if God could not simply have said "the elect". You guys think people are stupid, but are fools yourselves.

All of those Calvinists I quoted believed 2 Peter 3:9 was speaking of all mankind, not just the elect. I will show you the source so you can see for yourself.

http://calvinandcalvinism.com/?cat=54

They most certainly did not. They believed it was God's will that 100% of men be saved.

Any honest person knows I have shown it. Of course that excludes YOU.

Anyone that thinks God's will is being done on earth is insane, unless you believe it is God's will that men sin. Knowing you, you probably believe that very thing.

Wow, once in a great while you speak truth. But it is buried under piles of falsehood.

14. Winman

Winman Active Member

Here is what Charles Simeon wrote. It is clear he believed 2 Peter 3:9 says God is not willing that ANY man (meaning 100% of all men) should perish.

#74 Winman, Apr 27, 2013
  15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I read your source already....But the scripture rules Winman...

The problem is you are a parrot trolling anti-cal sites and copying and pasting....lol
    HAHA....I like how he cut out the first part of jn 6:37...ALL THAT THE FATHER GIVES TO ME SHALL COME TO ME...lol

All he is speaking of is the "free offer "...you do not get it.

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

Here is what O. Palmer Robertson wrote;

These Calvinists did not agree with you whatsoever.

#76 Winman, Apr 27, 2013
  17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you assuming this must only mean that they are first given and then come only because they are given?

#77 Revmitchell, Apr 27, 2013
  18. Winman

Winman Active Member

That is a MODERATE CALVINIST site. The problem is that you are a HYPER Calvinist.

http://calvinandcalvinism.com/?cat=54

Nevertheless, there are five pages there of Moderate Calvinists who all interpreted 2 Peter 3:9 to be speaking of 100% of mankind. The problem is that over zealous Hyper Calvinists like you have become the majority in Calvinism. But early Calvinists were far more scriptural.

#78 Winman, Apr 27, 2013
  19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I already read your source Winman.

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

NOT. If you had read it you would have known it is a Calvinist site. There are five pages on this verse alone, try reading what moderate Calvinists taught for once, might do you some good.