1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Liberal Christianity vs. Seeker Friendly Christanity

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no actual support for four of the five points of the TULIP in scripture. So all the Calvinists and Enablers can do is question my character and qualifications.

Total Spiritual Inability of some men, but not all men, is supported in scripture. Calvinism teaches all men, adding to scripture to support a liberal interpretation, i.e. no one seeks God with the Calvinist add on "at any time."

Unconditional Election simply nullifies the scripture that says we are chosen through faith in the truth, again ignoring the syntax of the inspired message.

Limited Atonement asserts Christ did not lay down His life for all, but only for the elect, however they ignore that the false teacher was bought by the Master.

Irresistible grace claims once a person is able to seek God, then 100% of them are given to Christ, denying that the men who were entering heaven were blocked by false teachers.

To support these mistaken doctrines, Calvinism uses loose, approximate, errant and liberal interpretations of scripture.

#141 Van, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another personal attack, devoid of content. Me thinks he doth protest too much. :)

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

And your response just proof of the content you said it was lacking.:laugh:

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Mexdeaf, I provided content in post #141

Here is something just for you (stolen from the net): If you rearrange the letters of Predestination you can get the future for the elect, i.e. ripened to saint, and for the non-elect, i.e. sent to dire pain. :)

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinism as codified in the TULIP provides a fixed position which I oppose as based on a liberal and errant interpretation of scripture. But if you interact with Calvinists, and ignore the stream of ad hominems tossed your way, you find some pretty much disagree with every point, so they are really "post Calvin Evangelicals." They see themselves as more liberal than classic Westminster Confession Calvinists, but more conservative than Seeker Friendly Churchgoers.

They accept every part of us is tainted by the fall, i.e. total depravity, but deny there is no capacity for good, i.e. to seek God, because we are still made in God's image, marred as it may be.

They reject limited atonement, because of the clear scripture that God desires everyone to be saved.

What we can draw from this is that mushy bottom or foundation of Calvinism resting on liberal interpretations, has spawned even more interpretations than you can shake a stick at. :)