1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberal Christians & Jews Get Together

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Magnetic Poles, May 6, 2008.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

...and have more in common with one another than with the fundamentalists of their own faith.

CLICK HERE

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

It's as if christianity makes no difference, it's just another religion. I guess what else is there to expect with a gay pastor.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I thought you were talking about Christians at first.

4. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Sounds like ecumenism to me.

"Let's all hold hands and sing Kum Ba Ya"

#4 Linda64, May 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008
  5. donnA

donnA Active Member

That was my thought I just wasn't brave enough to say it.

6. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless what you think about the gay pastor, this kind of contact between Christians and Jews is very important because it can break down the barriers of misinformation that stand between our two faiths. The same is true if you add Muslims into the mix, or Buddhists or Hindus, or any other religion you want to name. Knowledge and understanding is key for getting along with someone else who doesn't think or believe the same way you do. That doesn't mean you have to agree with them. You can still believe that they are fundamentally wrong about their faith. But that is their prerogative. We talk about rights all the time, but there is one that doesn't get enough discussion: the right to be wrong in another's eyes.

Every year my Baptist church works with an Episcopal church and a Jewish synagogue in our neighborhood to put on a race to benefit the homeless. (over the last 12 years the race has generated over $1 million for the homeless in Nashville.) Last year the three churches sponsored a Habitat house together. We were building for a Muslim family. The evening before we started building we had a service at the synagogue where the three ministers spoke and the family was introduced and spoke. It was a very moving service. Our three congregations are more strongly bonded together than before. And, we are looking at more ways that we can work together in our community.

Tim Reynolds

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Rom 16:19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

What does God think? Does He give His approval? No. Then neither should we.
    The rest is compromise.

9. CHRISTian PS Watch

CHRISTian PS Watch New Member

Every year my Baptist church works with an Episcopal church and a Jewish synagogue in our neighborhood to put on a race to benefit the homeless. (over the last 12 years the race has generated over $1 million for the homeless in Nashville.) Last year the three churches sponsored a Habitat house together. We were building for a Muslim family. The evening before we started building we had a service at the synagogue where the three ministers spoke and the family was introduced and spoke. It was a very moving service. Our three congregations are more strongly bonded together than before. And, we are looking at more ways that we can work together in our community.

Tim Reynolds[/QUOTE]

I applaud your church for their efforts to do good in your community. Indeed helping the homeless is a worthy goal. It is a good thing. We need to work together to help people in our communities wherever we can.

We should never water down truth in dealing with other faiths but in the effort of helping those in need we should work together all that we can. Kudos.

www.christianpublicschoolwatch.blogspot.com