1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberal / Conservative

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by BIC, Oct 11, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wow, I'd have never guessed that.

As I stated before, it's pointless until the SCOTUS is fixed.

I believe 100% that they not only care but work toward the goal of soul preservation. Neither one cares a whit about the power they have, only the desire to serve by directing this nation in the way it should go. Cheney isn't going to try to retain power by running.

The Republicans got out of understanding what it means to be "in power" and have let us down dramatically, by trying to "get along" with these leftists across the aisle. I'm wide awake, thank you.

3. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Now is not the time to adopt a 3rd party. There is too much on the national political plate to avoid engagement. I believe Christianity's influence is critically at stake. imho

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure it is. Besides, I've pretty much been a Libertarian Party since the 1980 election. It's not something new to me.

I used to find some common cause with the GOP but now that is now just another Big Government party I find very little opportunity to side with Republicans.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are about as awake as a hat rack. You have got to be kidding about Republicans caring 100% about soul preservation and not power. Tell me you are kidding. As for your comments about the Supreme Court, that didnt stop the Congress (republican) and the President (republican) from passing a law outlawing abortion and forcing a ruling. Did they do that? NO Did they balance the budget? NO Did they control the borders? NO Did they bring back industry to our nation? NO Did they reform social security? NO ETC, ETC, ETC. Oh, and did they execute the war in Iraq with common sense? NO.

I dont know if you are a paid republican apologist or what, but something isnt clicking right.

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

The Republicans have become the Democrats. We have ostensibly "pro-life" people like Rick Santorum, who fought valiantly to save a pro-abortion senator against a pro-life candidate. Not surprisingly, a pro-life democrat is going to beat him this time around. And he deserves it.

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Wow!

This explains a lot about you and your beliefs Hillclimber, a lot. :eek:

8. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    This is hillarious, some folks just like to stay bamboozeled.

9. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

That's a terifically unChristian thing to say. My Christianity is the driving force in my life. Just what have the Republicans done in the last 7 years that supports your faith.

Your president believes that christians and moslims worship the same god and that the moslims have an alternate path to heave. Who has demontrated unacceptable moral behavior recently? It's not the Democrats. Who invaded a country without any good reason and caused the death of hundreds of thousands of its people.

Who did absolutely nothing to protect us on 9/11. In fact we couldn't even intercept the hijacked aircraft with fighter bases close to both targets? What has Bush actually done about abortion? He signed the bill making late term abortion illegal. That was good but only a very small part of the problem. Extremist Repubicans "christians" have simply swallowed all the meaningless garbage this administration has put out without once being concerned about what's being done rather than what's just being said. You've had the Presidency, the Congress, and the Supreme court and what has been accomplished? Nothing positive.

10. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Ken, I told you before the 2004 election that changing to a third party was folly until after that vote, at which time I would look at that issue for my self. Well I did and decided to stay steadfastly with the GOP through this election. The faithful religious right left the GOP out twisting in the wind this time, so I'm in the market for a new party. I will no longer rely on the religious right for it's political acumen.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Ive got a better idea. Why not become more like Jesus each day and leave the GOP twisting in the wind? They got what they deserved.

12. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Typical of you. (hatrack name)
    I stated that GWB and Cheney care about souls. Certainly not some RINOs and nearly all Democrats. And no I'm not kidding. I'm not going to go with the supreme court thing with you again, you're acting like a true Democrat in constantly saying the same old thing over and 0ver. All measures of a thriving economy are at record breaking levels, and you can't stand it. Does your corruption (in manufacturing and propagating lies) know no bounds?

Look, you got your way, and we have decided to have a go your way now. Don't blow it.

13. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Well good for you TerryHerrington, I'm glad you finally see.

14. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I enjoy being a fool for Christ. And I'm glad to know where my enemy's are.

15. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I said that I was looking for another party. It is part of my prayer life to be more like Jesus every day. Perhaps that's not good enough for you but it's the best I can do, and I'm certainly not trying to be more like you.

16. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Oh now you're playing the Jesus card. I am suprised that you would think of our Lord being part of any political movement.:eek: I put Jesus way above any politcal iidealologies.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yeah they are doing a great job. Thats why they got thrashed at the polls. You cannot claim to be conservative, moral, get elected, then act like a liberal. They got what they deserved.

18. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They got what they deserved in many respects. In other ways the liberal propaganda machine's constant negativism on Iraq has taken a toll.

McCain on Fox last night though hit the nail on the head. I think he was prepared for the outcome. They have to get back to being principled Reagan conservatives.

If they do, the surprise will be on the Dems next time and many of the libertarian leaning conservatives will be enthusiastically back in the fold... especially after seeing the Dems battle for their leftist agenda for a couple of years.

Who knows, maybe this will rescue Bush's presidency the way 94 rescued Clinton. In a odd way, this may force Bush to act like a real conservative on fiscal policy. Even if it doesn't, it will provide a grand stage for McCain and others to slay liberal dragons.

19. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I had heard it was the corruption more than the war.

20. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

How could it be corruption? The democrats perfected corruption, so that can't be it.