1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberal Indoctrination

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is just as rediculous as the other. It was hard to get a sense of its contents as far as how it represents the other side. But if it is just as hatefull then it becomes just as abusive.

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

A lot of liberals are not Democrats. This book is by and for Democrats, not liberals as such. Get your terms straight.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because some dems put abook together and sell it doesnt mean it represents all dems. In fact I doubt it represents all but a few. My terms are very straight. and if you came to this area you would be surprised as to what registered dems define as a democrat. You apparently did not read all of the post else you would have read that already. Those dems that put that book together are on the far left. I doubt most are. They are libs not all dems are libs.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

And it sure doesn't mean that it represents all libs.

No, it's crooked to conflate "dems" with "libs" when the book is very specifically referring to Democrats (see the title of the book) and "libs" are not necessarily Democrats. It's crooked and wrong to speak as though all "libs" are "dems".

I read that, but you don't seem to understand my objection.

I doubt it - they seem very mild and centrist.

And not all "libs" are "dems" - so watch your mouth when you refer to "libs". We "libs" don't want to be tarred with that far-right "dem" brush.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im getting dizzy again.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But almost all democrats are liberals.

Simple obfuscation by the Daisy.:smilewinkgrin:

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say that the libs are the minority in the democratic party. And there is nothing centrist about liberalism.

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That's exactly what Rm has been denying. Take that up with him.

And, as I've been saying, not all liberals are Democrats. The book's title is "Why Mommy is a Democrat", not "Why Mommy is a Liberal" - so Rm's conflating the two, then criticizing liberals for it while letting Democrats off the hook is wrong.

Au contraire, I'm trying to clear it up and deconfuse Rm's terms.