1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberals misunderstand the pro-life position

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    .......................The accusation or innuendo that pro-lifers use the abortion issue as a political football, but then care little about human need, is a bogus claim. So many charities are based in religious objectives and spiritual mandates, that such a claim is nothing short of preposterous. I see such misguided effort as a red herring to cloak the moral and intellectual bankruptcy of the pro-choice position, which is really a "soft" expression of the pro-abortion argument.

Full Article Here

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

This is a liberal "red herring". They have sold the idea for years that they are compassionate people but their charitable giving demonstrates otherwise. They have sold the idea for years that they are compassionate people but their pro murder of the unborn demonstrates otherwise.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I must assume that the liberals agree.:laugh: :thumbs:

4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

No, but I decided not to respond to these kinds of slanderous statements. Remember the pledge? Talk amongst yourselves.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Slanderous?

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Everyone you consider liberal is not pro-choice. I am considered by many here to be a liberal, yet I am pro-life!

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Many see me as a 'liberal' (an amazing claim in itself) and I am vehemently pro-life.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

AMEN... :thumbs:

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strange how people who do not agree with some others on every jot and tiddle are called liberal. Just isn't so.

I find it a strange contriduction that many who call themself pro-life and call themselves conservative take a very liberal approach to capital punishment. Capital punishment is not pro-life.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

a liberal votes for a liberal who approves abortion and infanticide. if you vote for someone who approves these, then your a liberal. it has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with anyone or anything else, for this topic it is abortion that divides liberal from conserative.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The article does not describe that at all. It describes a perceived inconsistency in liberals as to their views on abortion and other issues. It is an argument, BTW, that goes both ways as the article admits.

It is very possible to be a liberal on other issues and yet pro-life whereas the article attempts to point out the pattern of all liberals being pro-abortion.

In a general sense that seems to be correct, but there are folks who are pro-life and otherwise liberal.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

I was not addressing the article, but something said previously by another poster. Nor was I addressing 'other issues', but as I said on this topic, abortion.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

But Donna, this whole thread is about liberals and abortion in general. It is a broader discussion that just abortion.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't think you really care, you apparently only care about harrasing me, you've been doing it for weeks.

These would be the type of quotes I was addressing Roger. I do assume I have the same right as everyone else on this board to address posts made by other posters here. Because there wouldn't be any discussion on a discussion board without it.
    ===========================

Yet the title is about pro life, which means it's an abortion issue thread.

#14 donnA, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2008
  15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Anyhow, on topic.

All liberals do not misunderstand the pro-life side. Many liberals are pro-life. We err when we stick concrete labels on anyone.

One can be an economic liberal, or a liberal on military issues,and still conservative on abortion and family values. An economic conservative can be pro-baby killing.

The picture is not as clear cut as the article portrays. I am sure there are 100% liberals and 100% conservatives out there, but they are rare. And then we have to decide what liberals and conservatives are.

I disagree with the article. Being a liberal does not necessarily give one a misunderstanding of the pro-life issue any more than being a conservative gives one a misunderstanding of death penalty issue.

Staunch conservative and staunch liberals can both where political blinders that make them consider everyone else wrong.

16. sag38

sag38 Active Member

It's true. I've been called a liberal because I don't use a KJV Bible in the pulpit. Dont' they know that I am staunchly pro-life to the point that I can be a single issue voter. Labels are, at best, nebulous. But, that's not to say that I won't pin the "L" word on others. And, C4K, I wouldn't call you a liberal. I would label you a hippo hunter in that you are good at pointing out hypocritical threads and opinions.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

they are not rare at all.

18. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

No that's not the case. Pro-Life is just what it says. It includes abortion but also euthanasia, war, capital punishment, suicide, murder. The real question is about the morality of taking another human life. Hence the name Pro-Life. Christians generally call this topic "The sanctity of Life." Do you believe in the sanctity of life or are you only against abortion?

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The op discusses all of these issues.

20. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Not according to the post I was replying to.

Yet the title is about pro life, which means it's an abortion issue thread.