1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberals pressure Fox News advertisers

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Jul 28, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

NEW YORK - Liberal activists are stepping up their campaign against Fox News Channel by pressuring advertisers not to patronize the network.
    ifMoveOn.org, the Campaign for America's Future and liberal blogs like DailyKos.com are asking thousands of supporters to monitor who is advertising on the network. Once a database is gathered, an organized phone-calling campaign will begin, said Jim Gilliam, vice president of media strategy for Brave New Films, a company that has made anti-Fox videos.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070728/ap_en_tv/tv_fox_protest

So much for tolerance.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Conservative evangelicals, for instance, do the same thing on some of the issues that they care about.

I guess it depends on whose ox is being gored as to whether one approves or disapproves of the practice.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Chriatian evangelicals address single issues not whole organizations. and its the libs who spout off about being tolerant of others views.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Conservative evangelicals go after whole companies.

I don't think it is a badge of courage for conservative evangelicals to not be tolerant of the views of others.

5. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Tolerant doesn't mean tolerant of everything. Fox News falls well within those things that should not be tolerated. CNN perhaps manages to just escape it. Maybe.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Who have been these whole companies?

7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==There is no such thing as tolerance in the minds of these ACLU, Moveon.org, liberal nuts. If anyone dares to disagree with them that person is labeled hateful, bigoted, ignorant, and a campaign is started to shut them down. These people don't believe in America, they don't believe in the constitution, and they don't believe in their own weak minded ideas. The reason they want to shutup everyone who disagrees with them is very simple: they know that their positions/ideas are weak and cannot standup under serious questioning/examination. That is why they try to discredit and shutup anywho who challenges their small minded ideas. From abortion, to extreme animal rights, to global warming, to universal healthcare, to homosexual "rights". All of their ideas are built upon a weak foundation of sand. In order to defend themselves they must try to discredit and shutdown anyone who challenges them. It is that simple.

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==In some circles that is certainly true. That is why I stay away from political activism. I will blast away at liberals, pretend conservatives, and real conservatives who go astray. Generally I don't like it when someone tries to silence the free-speech of another person. Their ideas maybe ignorant, stupid, simple, and foolish but in America they still have a right to make their positions known. As Americans we have the same right to ignore them, refute them, or battle with them. I tend to go with the first two.:laugh:

9. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Disney is by far the most famous.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds descriptive of the current Bush administration, especially the way that President Bush went after those of us who disagree with his amnesty plan for illegal aliens.

#10 KenH, Jul 28, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Sure does.

13. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Mr

Radical Conservatives went after the entire "liberal news establishment." Don't make me laugh.

14. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

But we do all know that they are spouting a bunch of hogwash on the tolerance issues -- there is tolerance and there is getting their agenda out. Getting there agenda out takes priority over tolerence :thumbs:

This is the biggest problem with supporting tolerence for the sake of tolerance. At some point you will have to be intolerant which is a big problem.

#14 mcdirector, Jul 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2007
  15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Not only Disney, but remember the wrongheaded campaign against P&G over their man in the moon logo? People were lying, saying it was related to devil worship.

16. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

This is an equal opportunity arena agenda -- to hurt people in the pocket book.

AND it's free publicity for Fox. I doubt they are much worried.

17. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

That was throw out at not only P&G, but also Liz Claibourne -- Came up in a staff meeting at school. I said hogwash (word is growing on me this evening). We actually had women stand up and say they'd never buy Liz again. I got up and went and found it on Snopes, made copies, and brought it back to the meeting to hand out.

#17 mcdirector, Jul 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2007
  18. 2 Timothy2:1-4

When dealing with Disney ( and I say the boycott was dumb) they were after the issue not to destroy the whole company.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if the boycott eventually threatened the survivability of Disney then you think that the boycotters would have stopped the boycott? If so, I disagree with your assessment.

Hey, Timmy, your side of these debates is not lily white and your opponents are not pitch black.

20. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Indeed, but I'm sure that's also true in this case. No one's after the company, just the issue of the lack of credibility in Fox News.

*Note: the above is not to be taken as an endorsement of CNN*