1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "Libertarians were the voice of reason" ???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

And Poncho the Nut...

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Cannot think of any unanswered one.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Oh, no - now we will be branded as non-thinkers

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't think of that. :laugh:

You shall now be known as Quizling the Comedian.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But I want to take over for Jay Leno

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You guys crack me up. :laugh:

Riddle me this . . .

What would you all think about if you didn't have Washington, the corporate media and or a political party to tell you what to think about?

How would you ever figure out what to think about what you're being told to think about if no one was telling you what to think about what you're being told to think about?

Think about it.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sounds like you are not going to have Nixon to kick around anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya1GWB2AMnY

By the way, was he also in the conspiracy?

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Let me guess . . . Arbo [​IMG] taught you that trick right? :laugh:

#68 poncho, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Okay back to the topic.

According to our very own Baptist Board Voice of Reason (BBVR) aka The Four Amigos, aka the Stalker, the Quizling, the Clown and the Choozer libertarians are definitely not the voice of reason.

The BBVR themselves are the real voice of reason and they only had to use their magic words half a dozen times to prove it. I reckon they won this debate.

You guys really do crack me up. :laugh:

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sat,
    What do you say we get together some time this summer and talk about some real important issues - like Why do Southerners eat so many grits? You name the place, I'll set the time.
    Salty

PS I think we should Invite Arbo also

11. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I am a Southerner and I don't eat grits, never cared for them. But country ham cat head biscuits and redeye gravy, I'll be at the table for a while.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would suggest we could meet at your house, but your are not a Southern - Fla is a Northern State

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Agreed! The last thing we should talk about is how the "war on drugs" is going.

How is the "war on drugs" going? After several hundred billion dollars and two million people in prison are we winning yet?

Legalize drugs??? Are you crazy after all the positive results we've realized since making them illegal? No way!

Look at all the results. Our schools no longer have drugs in them. Our prisons aren't full of drugs. The gang violence has practically disappeared. The Mexican drug cartels can't even sneak a gram of coke over the border anymore and our police force is more honest and upright than ever!!!

Oh wait that's in our imaginary perfect world where prohibition actually works.

#73 poncho, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
  14. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'd think Poncho is a nut.

15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

:laugh:

As funny as you are, I'm sorry to tell you that all the comedian positions are filled.

There is an opening for someone to play Cookie, though...

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Just to let you know, I am a person of moderation and only eat one grit a day.

17. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Now, my friend, the last time I checked NY was a northern state and it's people have taken over about 50 to 60 per cent of Florida, but not my house. Biscuits every morning, not those cans that pop, corn bread 3 or 4 times a week, blackeyed peas often and a lot of gospel bird.

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is the "war on grits" going? After several dozen dollars and two people in prison are we winning yet?

Legalize grits??? Are you crazy after all the positive results we've realized since making them illegal? No way!

Look at all the results. Our schools no longer have soda pop in them. The Mexican drug stores can't even have a sale to the citizens of Fla.
    Oh wait that's in our imaginary perfect world where prohibition actually works.

Don't let Obama take your Grits away.
    Don't let the Republicans hide you grits in those secret government prisons

Come to the rally at Alkires house in Fla.
    "I disapprove that you eat Grits, but I will defend to the death your right to eat them. - Salty V O'ltaire (1862)

19. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

Good topic Salty!

That is a list of reasons why I worry about Libertarians. While I do like (some) of the things they want (their fiscal policies, etc), there is a dark side to the party. Many are socially to the left. Some I have talked with have explained their views as being consistent with small govt, etc. And I find that some are near anarchists, wanting no govt and championing violent revolution.

Libertarians used to be viewed as oddballs by both Republicans and Democrats. But I have found that many have sort of 'glommed onto' the GOP in recent years. I often wondered if this is because they realized the Libertarian Party candidates could never get elected if they ran. So to achieve power, they say they are republicans? I dunno.

Otoh, the GOP hasn't helped itself with some of the politicians they have elected of late. I used to be a hard-core Republican, but given the way some of our political leaders have sold out, I no longer consider myself one. Now I'm just content to call myself a Christian Conservative and leave it at that.

While I am concerned about our fiscal and foreign policies, I care about social issues. I care about the sex and violence that is on tv and in our media. It bothers me that the American public is accepting the garbage that passes for mainstream entertainment these days. I believe it has affect us, particularly our children. Some shows on network tv in prime time are just filthy. But if I talk about this, I'm ridiculed by most...even by many so-called conservatives. "Don't take away my Family Guy" they cry.

The problem is that this has (imo) affected the people of our country. Take the recent SCOTUS decision on DOMA. There are people and groups who have carried out a plan to ....normalize and desensitize the public over their revulsion of homosexuality. I remember a handful of years ago, ABC cancelled Ellen Degeneres' tv show. A big thing was made over this and the left was outraged.

However, since then, slowly at first, we had the first incident of women kissing on network tv. That was a big deal. Then more and more things aired which presented the gay lifestyle as ...normal and healthy. The Christian right's feelings were ignored.

Family Guy really pushed the envelope. There were some "teen tv series" that pushed this agenda as well.

Its been a well coordinated effort to push this agenda on the public. The Boy Scouts were sued until they finally caved. The gay agenda (ACLU, etc) folks knew that most older people (like myself) would never accept this socially left lifestyle being normalized so they went after young audiences. College and high school aged people (who grow up and become movers and shakers in this world) were targeted.

See the slow progression?

THIS, more than anything, is why people say things are different today than they were. These people now vote. And politicians fear the voter more than anything.

Add to this mixture the hiring of far left radical professors in colleges, the election of radicals like Obama and the appointment of radical judges, and you get what we have today.

The problem is that I believe that God is a 'just' god and because of this....I tremble for our country. I do believe that God's judgment will fall upon us. I think we are seeing signs of it even now.

But no one listens. :(

20. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

Good post. I think you are right. I have voted for Constitution candidates before.