1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty Distance Learning - BIBL110 Class

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by thebrain72, Sep 8, 2008.

1. thebrain72

thebrain72 New Member

I am looking for someone who has completed the Liberty BIBL110 class via DLP, so I can ask them a question. Does anyone here fit that description?

Thanks
    Brian

2. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

It has been a little while since that class but yes I did take it in my Bachelor of Religion Degree. I think Dr. Towns was the professor if I recall, New Testament Survey. It was one of the first classes that I took with them along with an introductory Apologetic course with Dr. Habermas. I suppose the course may have changed in the last five years but I doubt it. A lot of those introductory courses look pretty old when you view the lectures :)

What is your question?

3. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

accidentally posted it twice...

4. thebrain72

thebrain72 New Member

My question is in regards to the workbook. Does it correspond to the book, or the videos/DVDs? I have been unable to figure that part out.

Thanks
    Brian

5. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

Hmmm... been a while since I took that class. You may want to log onto blackboard, click on the class number then the faculty link on the left hand side of the class page and email the professor for the course on that one.

Now, the workbooks tend to follow right along with the vidoe/dvd lectures; whatever format you purchased from MBS. As you watch the lectures they tend to give you the answers to the blank spots in the workbook, at least for the courses which come with a workbook; it is a good way to stay focused and engaged as you watch the lectures. You will find that other classes, Carl Demier's Church History I & II classes come to mind, there will be no workbook and it will be a good idea to take descent notes for study before each online exam.

Is Dr. Elemer Town's still the professor for the course? If I recall it was also his book "A Journey Through The New Testament" that was the text book... The book and the lectures in this case, assuming it is still the same format, complement very well together as Towns basically uses the material in his book, in addition to some extra material, to walk you through the New Testament. Same thing for the Book of John course which he was video instructor for.

#5 PilgrimPastor, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008