1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty Mens Hoops Upsets UVa in Charlotteville

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Sly Fox, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

The Flames beat the Cavs, 86-82 tonight in Charlottesville. Freshman sensation Seth Curry (Stephen's little brother & Dell's son) dropped in 26 as did Kyle Ohman to propel LU to just its second ever victory over the 'Hoos (and first in a decade).

I always love crowing about LU victories over ACC basketball teams.

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I pull for the Flames too. I don't follow round ball as much today, how often have they beat an ACC team?

3. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

We knock off an ACC team in mens basketball once every few years. Outside of football and mens basketball, we beat them in other sports all the time.And the direction our frontline sports are heading, it could happen more frequently in the next couple of years.

4. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

After losing in the closing seconds at Clemson a week ago in a game that we led from nearly wire-to-wire, the Flames lost another heartbreaker tonight at DePaul.

We had a 1-point lead with one second to go when we stole the ball and the ref blew his whistle. We took the 1-point loss. Next up, a game Friday night at St. Louis University. If you are in the area and want to cheer on a Fundy school making some national noise then consider yourselves invited.

By the way, ESPN did a feature on Seth Curry that they ran in the halftime show of the Duke game tonight. We are getting tons of exposure right now.