1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty or Death?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Actually the law, and most of the are, is pretty precise when it gets to nuts and bolts. Granted the enforcement of aspects allows the regulatory bodies to have leeway in the operation of the law. This is sensible.

However, and specifically on this issue, the law is precise. If you disagree please show us where it is vague and the precise statutes concerning this regulatory board that you concerned with from the above PDF I linked.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

How does what this link say change what I just said? The panel does exist.No one has defined what rationing is in the law, so the panel technically can ration in the manner that people are apprehensive about if the rationing helps reduce the cost of Medicaid.

It's in the bill. There's no need to link to a fact check when the Bill says otherwise.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again, the bill specifically speaks to not rationing healthcare but it doesn't define what that entails, and thus the freedom to do a whole lot of stuff is still there.

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Leaving the USA, I understand.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I must assume that you did not read the article. They have no authority to do it and second it is humanly impossible for 15 people to go over cases one by one. So no not even in theory can they do it as the law is written. Read the third and fourth paragraphs and you will see the truth. The law would have to be changed for it to happen so no it is not in the bill at this time. Such claims are simply false and should not be part of the Christian agenda for truth.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

So the absence of something means that we should go around and claim it is true or could happen? :rolleyes: We need to stop playing the same game as the world and start speaking truth. There is no suggestion in the bill for rationing health care. That is the truth and nothing should be added. There is enough about it that is not good without making or suggesting false accusations.

#26 freeatlast, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Have you read the law. It is unintelligible to all except bureaucrats. How can a 2700 page bill be precise?

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Why do you make a false statement? Did you read what he wrote? He did not say that 2700 pages are intelligible. He said this one issue is.

9. OldRegular

Even the democrats in Congress are not so stupid as to call the 15 member panel a "death panel".

Have you read the bill?

10. OldRegular

11. OldRegular

No one argues they go over each case. They set guidelines that will restrict medical practice. Ask your doctor!

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No they do not. They have no authoriy. Read the link or read the bill. You are making false staments.

James 3:1-10
    1. My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
    2. For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
    3. Behold, we put bits in the horses’ mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
    4. Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
    5. Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
    6. And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
    7. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
    8. But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
    9. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
    10. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If you are claiming they are making false statement I think it would be the Christian thing to back it up with the literal passage from the bill proving your claim, don't you? Other wise it is the same thing the world does.
    James 3:1-10
    1. My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
    2. For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
    3. Behold, we put bits in the horses’ mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
    4. Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
    5. Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
    6. And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
    7. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
    8. But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
    9. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
    10. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

14. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

I disagree. Legislative action of this nature requires mandated change.

The burden of proof is on you. Show us or apologize for your false statements.

15. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

Red herring. You either have proof or you don't.

Since you've so vociferously announced that death panels are part of this bill you clearly know more than us. Show us. The burden of proof is on you.

I read the bill the weekend before they voted on it. I figured I wanted to see if I could handle a job that pays $174,000 per year, and I also wanted to read the bill. So I did.

Now since you have such deep knowledge of this bill, evidenced by your ability to make such specific accusations you should know exactly where these boards are and how they will function.

So, again, show us!

The burden of proof is on you and anyone else who has claimed they are in this bill. Show us where the death panels in the OP are in the bill or apologize and repent.

Exodus 20:16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
    Who is your neighbor? According to Jesus...Luke 10:25-37...everyone is our neighbor.

16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

No sir, it is not true. It is fear-mongering on your part. There are plenty of thing about President Obama's presidency to criticize; plenty of things to disagree with, but you are guilty of bearing false witness toward the man God allowed to be put in the office of President of the United States. Your complaint seems to be with God Himself.

17. OldRegular

Have you read the bill?

18. OldRegular

You denying that Obama is behaving like a Fascist. His favorite statement as he lectures his adoring followers is: Congress is moving to slow, I have to take action. That is not a man who believes in the Constitution.

19. OldRegular

I see you have assumed your familiar role as judge and jury again.

20. mandym

mandym New Member

Uh...yes there is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.