1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty University

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by bb_baptist, Jun 11, 2001.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

I visited LU (the largest Christian college) last year and was really impressed. Just read that Tim LaHaye gave another $4.5 million (for a total of $9 million) to LU for the purpose of constructing a new student center.

Any comments?

2. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it indicates a merger between Liberty University and Tim LaHaye. Last year the LaHaye Lounge was completed with computer banks in building 13, but the bulk of the money supposed to go toward a new study on prophecy (of which is Tim's favorite subject). [​IMG]

3. FundamentalDan

FundamentalDan New Member

Prophecy is great, but I honestly believe that it does little to edify the body of Christ or mature new believers when it becomes the main thrust of your ministry. That is a huge error of Tim LaHaye.

4. Biblethumper1611

Biblethumper1611 New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JBotwinick:
    Did he get that money from suing his christian brothers and sisters?

Joseph :eek: :rolleyes:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I personally don't blame him for suing the LaDonde Brothers... :eek:

There films are pretty lame quality wise. I did like the plots but not the actaul film quality. Reminded me of 70's films... :D

5. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

LaHaye made his millions from the very popluar book series (Left Behind). 20 million+ copies sold so far, with 4 new books to come.

I'm glad he is spending some of his profits on a Baptist University.

6. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    If anyone would be interested to read more about this School of Prophecy may visit Tim LaHaye's own website at the following address:
    http://www.schoolofprophecy.com/

7. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Tim LaHaye was my Pastor for six years when I lived in El Cajon, California. I found him to be a fair, equitable gentleman. I have thoroughly enjoyed the LEFT BEHIND series (as have my wife and daughter). It is the most thrilling Christian fiction I have ever read. It's hard to wait until October for #9, but we have to (THUS SAYS TYNDALE HOUSE PUBLISHING!!). Please avoid pouncing on someone you don't know personally. I know Dr. LaHaye personally and have a great appreciation for what he has done for the cause of Christ.

8. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

Liberty University’s growth is, in a word, explosive.

More than 3,000 new students are expected at Liberty for the 2003 fall semester. Plus, more than 1,500 new students will enroll in January for the 2003 spring semester.

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I musta missed that one earlier, Adam. I was praying for you and your choice of schools - esp NOT to go to Moody.

Think Liberty is a far better choice and now will add you to a different part of the prayer list.

God bless in the studies there! :cool:

10. extremebiblereader

extremebiblereader New Member

I have actually been accepted for the fall 2003 semester. But I am not sure if i want to attend. I am still debating between LU and HAC. Those are the two that i narrowed it down to. But as for my opinion on LU, i think it is a good college and has alot to offer. But I think that you should make sure that it is where God wants you to be. That is the most important thing to consider.

Just my thoughts. :D

11. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

12. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

Why put all that money into buildings if it will soon, and very soon, be left behind?