1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty Update!!

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Gang,

For all of you who have been friends and colleagues and who have shown an interest in my professional and teaching development; I want to give you an update on my Liberty University DL teaching position.

I was about to post it on the Liberty Prayer Request but that would have been a bit unseemly. By-the-by, I am praying for that family as I type this. May the blessing of Christ's presence abide with them through this terrible time.

Update:

I was told that I would be in "a hiring'" in Sept. or Oct. by Timothy Partners a "head hunter" that the admin at Liberty hired. I never did hear anything definitive. So I contacted the seminary. We talked back and forth and in the mean time one of my friends, a Mid America guy with a PhD in Theology proper was hired by the seminary to teach DL. We talked but were never able to come to some sort of understanding or I did not fit their profile or whatever.

So I went back to the School of Religion; can you say Bachelor's degree? Then I talked to the co-ordinator of the DL programs there. He and I "clicked" somewhat. Long story short, he sent me the information, credentials, and such to get set up on the Blackboard delivery system. He said he needed to have some profs. "in the pipeline" for a Church History course that will start in Jan. It is an 8 week term. He also said that those brought in would have to be processed by the first week in Dec. I assumed that I would be in that processing b/c he got me signed up on the Blackboard.

Now, I am in the middle of editing the Broadus Project chapters. I am also in the process of signing on with Union University as an Adjunct to teach a Business Communications course that lasts for 5 weeks starting in Feb.

These teaching opportunities are in addition to the full time college teaching "gig" that I already have. (It's my "day job!").

So, I may be a bit overbooked--but what a way to go for one who wants to be an academic, writer, editor, researcher, teacher, preacher, etc.

Let me hear back from "y'all" on how all is going with you.

sdg!:thumbsup:

rd

#1 Rhetorician, Nov 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2006
  2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congrats!! :applause:

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Congrats! May the Lord lead and bless you with the Light to shine on those in your charge.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Congratulations!

Wayne

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I'm tickled to hear the news.

6. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

Congratulations!

7. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Way to go!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Thats great Rhet.

9. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    UPDATE update!

To anyone who might care? HA!:laugh:

I am supposed to do an eight week pre-Reformation Church History course for Liberty starting in January. It will be on the Bachelor's level. I have gone into their sight and have gotten my email and passwords and such.

It is not so much "teaching" as it is grading and mentoring these young people through the course material. The course is somewhat "canned" and is on the Blackboard delivery system for all of you who know about it.

FYI!

sdg1

rd

10. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course we care! Uhhh who are you? :laugh:

Keep them kids straight! :applause::applause::applause:

11. nkypastor

nkypastor New Member

Hi, Rhet!

I'll be taking Church History II for my first class, starting in January. However, it's on the Master's level. Perhaps our paths will cross on another course! :)