1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Lies About John Calvin Refuted

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Rippon, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You did not even try to answer the very legitimate questions I posed for you in my posts 1,7,22,24 and 27.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And the beat goes on.........so does the mouth

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Well your mouth's comments have been deleted quite a number of times. Your flesh is incorrigible. I noticed that in the Pope Francis thread two of your posts were censored. (A thread I didn't participate in.)You are a bad testimony. And yet you want to say incredibly wicked things about John Calvin. I hereby sentence you to actually read his works with no more BB privileges until you report to me with your homework graded.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are so great, not only do you support the character of John Calvin, but now Catholic theology. You are a work in the making. Guess where you can put the Institutes if your file cabinet if full?

5. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I do not know who made you judge, but whatever it takes to make the life and character of John Calvin clear to all.

7. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

There's one judge...and it ain't me. But I do enjoy good irony like I found in this thread!

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Exactly, and I am not making excuses for the things I have said to this poster. This poster is obcessed with John Calvin. He has posted about the life of John Calvin for years like the man was a saint. I got tired of hearing it, as did many other posters. There is no way a Christian leader is a monster, like John Calvin.

9. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have read the web site, and the opposing ones, and there is no doubt about it, he is guilty. He would get the death penalty in our country today. It is not just Michael Servetus, it is many other murders and tortures. On top of everything else, you, being a Baptist minister, and believing that local autonomous churches preserved the NT church that Jesus Christ promised to preserve, one wonders why Calvin persecuted those local autonomous churches of the day. One wonders why he wrote on the seperation of church and state and formed a theocracy. One wonders why he held to the Catholic belief of infant baptism.

The character and morality of John Calvin has nothing to do with whether a person believes in God's sovereignty. I grew up as a conservative Presbyterian many decades ago, and and fully on the side of sovereignty. Are you confusing the two issues, or do you think God's sovereignty requires Calvin to be a saint and be praised?

11. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

That's an excellent point. As an example, the Primitive Baptists are 5-pointers, but had they lived in Calvin's day, he would have still persecuted and murdered them because of their disavowal of infant baptism, state churchism, and their belief in liberty of conscience.

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may be the monster here;not John Calvin. And like it or not,Calvin has been very influential over the centuries :all for the betterment of the Church Universal.

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poor Michael.

You don't read very well. Calvin was not a judge or prosecuting attorney or even held a civil office. Any other executions did not have to meet with his personal sayso.

One wonders why you have never produced any evidence whatsoever to back up your reckless claim.

14. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You lie so much,it's hard to keep track. Give supporting evidence that I support Catholic theology. Because despite my denials you will be compelled to come up with some straws to document your wild charges again.

You need to put their biblical content in your soul.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is in my soul. You should try the same thing. You might start by quit making heroes out of murderers, liars, and thugs.

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you are such a nice guy yourself? How many more deletions do you have to have to understand that you are full of hate? What's the count now...about a score of deletions in just a month or so? Where is your godliness in evidence?

The offensive terms you use against Calvin are themselves contemptible.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Quite the opposite, your support of him is a direct reflection of your character.

18. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am in good company because R.C.Sproul,James Boice,John MacArthur,Michael Horton and many others of recent years have admired him and written articles extolling the man.

Going further back in time Dr.M-L-J,D.G.Barnhouse,Herman Hoeksema,B.B.Warfield all did the same.

There is a long roll call of Calvinists who have appreciated the ministry of John Calvin.

And there have been a number of Arminians who have appreciated him too such as Jacob Arminius himself.

Your campaign to discredit him and call him all sorts of vile names ranks you with the likes of Bolsec and many Roman Catholics of the past...not a good place to be.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Very good judgement. All you have to do is review my posts and you can see I am the leading advocate for the RCC. Your spiritual discernment is amazing.

20. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

SN....If you don't feed them, they usually go away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.