1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Lies About John Calvin Refuted

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Rippon, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You know what, it would give me second thoughts if I was arguing with twenty people on the other side. Funny it does not give you a second thought. Then again, most do not give you a second thought.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I will finally understand when you admit that you have lied about me countless times as well as about Calvin.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are nothing but a troll.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever grown as a Christian, aside from your waist size? Do you exhibit the same persona in face-to-face interactions as you do on the BB?

Words from the keystrokes of sat/nep :"And civil I will stay. You will never catch me off guard like that again."

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In another fine book with the title The Man God Mastered by Jean Cadier(1965) he states:"On October 18,the reply from the Swiss churches [ Bern,Basle,Zurich and Schaffhausen]arrived.They all decided that Servetus was guilty. They had not to pronounce on his punishment,which was the business of the Genevan magistrates,but their opinion was clear.In a private comment,Haller of Berne,giving his account of the session,said of his colleagues:"...I had no doubt that if he werte in their hands he would be delivered to the flames. They added to our reply a letter in which they exhort the Genevans to root out this pestilence for fear that the neighbouring fields be damaged by their negligence.' " (p.160)

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK..why didn't MS flee to Turkey and live among the Ottomans...we got rid of Cat Stevens that way, Allah be praised :laugh:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha ha ha....Dr James doesn't know when I'm joking. Must be having a hard day.:tongue3: :smilewinkgrin:

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is easy to develope carpal tunnel syndrome when cutting and pasting 24 hours a day. It can wear a person out.

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will quote from a book by Williston Walker :John Calvin: The Organiser of Reformed Protestantism. (1906)

Servetus asked that Calvin "be not merely condemned but exterminated."(p.337)

After the sentence was rendered Servetus "sent for Calvin, and begged pardon for any wrong he might have done the Genevan reformer." (p.341)

After the death of Servetus a minority like Castellio criticized Calvin and the magistrates. But "These voices were,however,relatively few and unfluential.The general opinion in Protestant circles was that the world was happily rid of Servetus and that Calvin had done well. His Genevan associates approved;the Swiss churches favoured him; even so mild a man as Melanchthon declared it was 'justly done.' Nor can there be any question as to its effect upon his own position and the Evangelical cause. He had freed the Swiss churches from imputation of heresy; he had prevented any toleration of anti-Trinitarian opinions in the religious circles that looked to him for guidance. above all, his Genevan opponents had compromised themselves irretrievably by countenancing, not out of theologic sympathy, but out of hatred to him, a man whom most of the world looked upon as a justly punished heretic." (p.343,344)

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

How does one do well being a murderer? I have no idea where you live, but I am going to guess you are not a citizen of the United States. No citizen of the United States of America, home of freedom and liberty, would take delight in a human being, a creation of God, suffering a death by burning. What was his crime, he did not agree with Calvin?

If the same penalty was imposed on you for not agreeing with someone, you would have been a crispy critter decades ago.

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was not a murderer. But then again, he did not persecute any local churches. He did not insist on green wood being used for Servetus. That goes for a multitude of other lies that you incessantly repeat.

Go ahead and conjecture away. Lying is something that is so natural for you. So saying disparaging things goes so well with your psychological pattern.

And Calvin didn't either, as you well know from the evidence that I quoted from reputable,as distinct from the dishonorable sources you quote.

After all this time. you still don't have your Church History down pat yet when it comes to this incident.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

All that needs to be said is put the same standards and mercy on you as was given Serevtus by Calvin. You would be a distant memory. Thankfully, in our nation today, we are not ruled by barbarians that you glorify.

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You lie so much. Is it in your food or what?

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yep, guess that is it. McDonalds started a line of McFalseWitness Burgers. Boy are they good.

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still no evidence to submit by Calvin's accusers. Tell the truth now boys.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Pride goes before the fall. Have you gotten up yet? So, the thing is, the evidence is clear, about Calvin, and the concept of the universal church. Of course, if I started a thread that said the Sky is Blue, you would argue it is green.

It is obvious your heart lies with eccumenical and RCC dogma. If Catholic theology is too deep for your intellect, I would suggest joining a charasmatic/Pentecostal/SDA type church.

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your understanding is about as clear as mud.

You are confused again. You are on the wrong thread.

The above is typical sat/Nep drivel. Do you ever say anything constructive? Just the other day you said that I share your theological view;now the above twaddle.

18. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The following quote is from Sinclair Ferguson in the forwards to a book of daily readings :John Calvin :Heart Aflame.

"There is something even more striking about Calvin's exposition. Modern scholars and preachers endeavor to expound the message of the Bible, and preach on or about the Bible. But Calvin seems to come to us from within the Bible, from inside the reality described in the text. He had learned the meaning of the command to love God 'with all your mind." The result was that God's Word had begun to dwell in him richly (Col.3:16),and he learned to live his life from within it." (p.v11)

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Twaddle and drivel, why don't you speak American English. Really not interested in your Kings English.

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

This reminds me of you guys.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.