1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Life Action Revival

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by 2atlow8, Jun 1, 2004.

1. 2atlow8

2atlow8 New Member

25 years ago I attended the "Life Action Singers" services at my church. 800 miles and 25 years later my current church is considering having them. What are the current thought on this ministry. Years ago there was a lot of emotion and guilt throughout the congregation, has that changed?
    Any input would be appreciated.

2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

We had them at our church three or four years ago. As far as I could tell gulit was thier main message. Many in our church loved them, many (inculding me) were put off.

One thing sticks out in my mind, the leader, who had a teen age son, said that he would rather his son die than have pre marital sex. While I do not want one of my kids having premarital sex, I would not want them struck down, and think that that was the WRONG message for our youth.

We also have several women in leadership roles,though not ordained, as well as women attending seminary, they were told in no uncertain terms that they were in sin.

If this philosophy fits well with your church you will probably be blessed by having them come, if not I would stay away from them.

3. onestand

onestand New Member

Ughhh I don't think I'd want them at my church, just from hearing the little bit on this thread it sounds sickening to me.

4. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Their site is www.LifeAction.org.
    I don't know much about them now, however when I served at their Ranch (Camp) for the summers of 1980-81, they were some of the most real and genuine Christians I have ever come accross! [​IMG]