1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Life group curriculum

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by FARWALKER, Mar 8, 2015.

1. FARWALKER

FARWALKER New Member

Hey folks.
    I'm looking for some ideas on curriculum for our class.
    What we are looking from what I perceive from the class is a look at the Bible that shows what was happening in the world, what the Bible says, what it means, and how we can apply it to our lives. Something that goes completely through the Bible that is not excruciatingly slow and no lightning fast.

The complaint I've gotten from class is that people are feeling like the writers of our current study are trying too hard to stick current issues to passages in the Bible or "making it relevant for today". I often hear members saying "when I read that (the text) and I didn't get that (what the writer got) at all". I have felt the same way too. I think what everyone is looking for is a study of the Bible that teaches us inherently how to deal with current issues, sin, human behavior ect., by studying the Bible alone. What is says and why it matters. I, or we feel like that materials for life groups today are trying to put today's issue into our Bible as opposed to putting our Bible into today's world. I hope what I've said here makes since.

I bet you folks have some good ideas and I would really appreciate some ideas and thoughts.:smilewinkgrin:

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You are asking what everyone wished they could find, but is impossible.

I might suggest that your group studies the Sermon on the Mount as that is a good synopsis of Biblical essentials. The righteousness of the Kingdom what it is and is not - Matthew 5; The worship of the Kingdom what it is and is not - Matthew 6; The judgement of the kingdom, what it is and is not - Mathew 7.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the name of the curriculum you are using now and where do you purchase it?

4. FARWALKER

FARWALKER New Member

Bible Studies for Life
    Lifeway

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that the one where you have the short video intro in it.

6. FARWALKER

FARWALKER New Member

No. There are additional study aids but we ate using just the book.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist