1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Life Insurance!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by bruren777, Dec 2, 2005.

1. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Does anyone have any knowledge about life insurance?
    I have a term life policy which is due expire in 3 years.

My problem is - I have an inoperable brain tumor, which was discovered several years after the policy became active!

Because of that it is virtually impossible to get coverage.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you!

2. Karen

Karen Active Member

I am sorry you are having to deal with these concerns.

I am going through a life insurance review right now with our agent. I would strongly advise you to take your specific policy and go over it line by line with your insurance agent. If not the one who issued the policy to you, one very knowledgeable in the policies of your particular life insurance company.

Term policies are written in a number of different ways. Some simply expire. Some have automatic renewal for another term with a higher premium to adjust for age, but WITHOUT a health check required. Others may renew, only with a health check. Some must, if the holder desires, roll over into a new universal life policy (does cost more).
    It depends on the fine print of how your policy was set up. Please DON'T assume, get into the fine print, and ask your agent for help.

Karen

3. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Thanks Karen,
    I'll look into that. It's just a minor bump in the road. After I was diagnosed with the tumor I thought God didn't care, boy was wrong.

Your from OK., my wifes brother lives in Oklahoma City.

God Bless!
    In Him,
    Bruce