1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Life Insurance

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by sr2br, Feb 25, 2009.

1. sr2br

sr2br New Member

Hello, Does anyone know of a good Christian company that sells life insurance?

We are missionaries over seas and I have been waiting until I get back to find life insurance, but we have no idea as to when we will be able to get back to the US. So time is ticking away. Any ideas?

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A friend of mine was a rep for BAPTIST LIFE

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. sr2br

sr2br New Member

Thank you for your replies. I will check into them!!

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You want a good rated company that's in good financial shape, not just someone who has paid to be advertised on Dave Ramsey or someone like that. Your life insurance is just that...insurance on your income production capabilities. To die and leave your loved ones potentially broke is sinful in my mind. So you want to be able to provide them with the best possible protection.

Be wary of Zander. Check them out if you wish, but don't buy their "Whole Life is evil" spiel. Term is often the best way to go and should be part of everyone's plan, but there is nothing wrong with having all your bases covered for permanent insurance. Everyone will have final expenses, and most people try to get WL when it's too late to qualify.

I find it interesting that they sully WL, but sell some of the biggest rip-offs in the biz: namely, Child insurance, ID theft "protection/insurance". Also, Zander is pretty expensive. You can get better prices at general sites like Insure.com and the like.

#5 TomVols, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  6. billwald

billwald New Member

Why would someone wish to pay more for a generic product just because the seller claims to be a Christian? Half the time I end up getting screwed.

For life insurance most all companies offer most all the same products. Be sure your insurance company is licensed in your home state because there are some state protections if the company goes belly up. In Washington State the licensed companies are protected by an insurance pool of some sort.

Get the cheapest rates of a licensed company.

For years our kids, now grandkids, have been going to a local Christian camp. They had been buying food from a real nice local provider. One year The Wife volunteered to run the kitchen. We switched to one of the two national distributers and saved the camp 50% of the food bill, many thousands a year.

Back then CISCO in Washington State had an annual food fair for customers in which every product in their catalogue was available for trying. YUM!