1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Life Transformation Groups

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JanetMiller, Jun 6, 2006.

1. JanetMiller

JanetMiller New Member

I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of these groups. This is where a group of no more than 3 people meet to hold each other accountable for their daily lives. Each week the members are responsible for reading a large portion of scripture and witnessing daily. Then once a week, you meet to ask each other accountability questions like: Have you read your scripture this week? How have you witnessed this week (be specific)? Have you looked at, or read, anything sexual or immoral this week? Have you handled your finances correctly? Have you lied to anyone this week?

These questions dig deep into your life and make you accountable to someone else for how you conducted yourself that week. I would like to start one with 2 other people. It could even be done online, using a chat room. Is anyone interested? I can give you the name of the book I purchased (that is a wonderful book) that explains these groups much better.