1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelock - do you subscribe ?

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by Salty, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Good. People like Dave Ramsey, LifeLock, Debix, and others who push this need to be called on the carpet. They have every right to try to make money off people's fears. But I have every right to call them out on it.

3. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I'm protective of my identity, if someone were to steal it, they wouldn't get a whole lot out of it, except maybe a few debts & bills. If they want my debts & bills they can have them.

I don't believe in subscribing to anything like Lifelock. It seems like it would be handy if your personal information was accessed by everyone. To me, it just sounds like another insurance policy. What would happen if a bunch of their customers had their identities stolen & the maximum amount that they pay was charged on all of their accounts? I think they'd have a hard time delivering on their promise.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I offer a service, absolutely free, to test your protection against identity theft. Just PM me your SSN, mother's maiden name, your address and drivers license number, and I will test it. Oh yeah...almost forgot. I also will test your credit cards too. Just send me the account number, name on the card, expiration date, and the three digit code on the back. :laugh:

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    SSAN: 666-66-6666
    Mother: Eve
    Address: Earth
    Drivers LICENSE: From Sears :laugh:
    Credit Card- act # 144

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Lifelock needs to get a limited power of attorney from its customers.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

That would be problematic. First, you'd have to have language for each state that would be in congurence with each state's laws. What works in one state will not work in another. I see it all the time. Second, LPOAs in some states require durability. How do you do this? Third, who are you granting as your AIF? In some states, you cannot give this to an organization. You'd have to name someone in particular. So if this person does not work for Lifelock anymore, that AIF remains in tact. You'd have to revoke and reinstate a new LPOA everytime this happened. Too many problems with this.