1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Lifestyle Evangelism" vs. Soulwinning

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by DanielFive, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Roy1

Roy1 New Member

Much has been said on either or in this discussion some have said both. There MUST be a balance between how we live and what we say. No one has ever been saved by lifestyle alone. It is the hearing the word of God that does a work in the heart. But there have been many that do not hear a word we say because our lifestyles contradict our words. There must be the biblical balance of our position in Christ and practical living before men.

Do we not see that the method of evangelisation varies from place to place, people to people? There is no universal method i.e. door to door, tracts, street preaching that works everywhere. Preach the word without compromise; do not use the methods and philosophies of the world to bring people to Christ. If we compromise we will have our converts, but not Christ’s.

Much more could be said, but a biblical balance is needed, family & friends, highways and byways, bring people to Christ is the key. Once we introduce them to Jesus the choice is theirs.

Roy.
    Ps. Too many people are introduced to Church and its benefits, and not to Christ. :(

2. IfbReformer

IfbReformer New Member

Gunther,

"Any evangelism that does not call on people to repent, is just another gospel. As you can see in their list, they are opposed to Lordship salvation by calling it a works salvation. Could this person be more clueless?"

If anyone did not notice I did not attack the original poster on the Lordship Salvation issue - because I believe it adds to the Gospel:

Lets clearify what Gunther means by "repent"(since he and I have discussed this so much):

When he says "Any evangelism that does not call on people to repent, is just another gospel" he means:

"Any evangelism that does not call on people to to not only acknowledge their sinful state, but give up their sin(which includes bad habits) before Christ will accept them , is just another gospel"

Just want to clearify what he meant by repent.

Here is how I and many other Bible believing Christians present the Gospel:

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, acknowledge your state as sinner before God, and accept the sacrificial atonement of Christ and acknowleding him for who is was and is - The God Man, God in the flesh and you will be saved. So would like to place you faith and trust in Christ?"

Here is how Gunther would put it:
    "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, acknowledge your state as sinner before God, and accept the sacrificial atonement of Christ and acknowleding him for who is was and is - The God Man, God in the flesh and you will be saved...AND if you have any bad habits you or you are living in a sinful situation you must give them up now before Christ will accept you. After that you prove the genuiness of your salvation by not sinning(or sinning a little) and if you sin too much then you prove you were never saved. So are you read to give your bad habits so Christ can accept you and save you?"

IFBReformer