1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Lifeway Bureaucrats: We'll Continue Peddling NIV

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Jerome, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I had a personal conversation with Dr. Lea after I read his book and I also have the notes from some classes I took from him. I did not tape it just for you. I know what I read in the book, what he told me and what was in my notes from class. Maybe you should start comparing what is written and what the author actually believes.

Just because I did not record what Dr. Lea said in class and what he told me, does not mean it is a theory. I never stated a theory but the truth. [snipped - inflammatory] so quit [snipped] misleading people. Go back and read what I actually wrote instead of [snipped].

When was the last time you verified the information with anyone who had him for classes and you read the book for yourself to see for yourself?

#21 gb93433, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2012
  2. mandym

mandym New Member

So at this point your accusation is unfounded slander since you cannot back it up with anything substantial. And even giving you the benefit of the doubt it is gossip at best. You should be more careful of leveling accusations about things you are not personally involved in. This is the second time, I believe, I have seen you do this.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

You have no proof. That's the problem. You're the one who said Lifeway changed his words...now provide the proof.

But this isn't the first time you've had some fantastical claims. All you have are stories with accusations. As to your snide "just for you" comment I am not the only one wanting documentation, several others have asked for documentation for the stories you share.

Then to top it off you say I'm lying? No lying here at all.

Seems when an attack with that pejorative comes along as a response that most of us know what it really means when one resorts to such things.

The bottom line is you've had a past that has called Lifeway/SBC on some sort of conspiracy, and have in the past as well as today failed to provide a veritable proof to your unfounded accusations.

I'd call that lible aimed at Lifeway and the SBC.

4. preacher4truth

Exactly. Then couples this with name calling on the person who seeks proof.

#24 preacher4truth, Feb 18, 2012
  5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ever notice how many good reference books are being sold in comparison. It is telling about what people are wanting. I believe people are hungry and are only getting sugar water and so they turn to something they think might help them.

On the flip side of the coin how many leaders in churches would pay $100 for a great reference book or software. I have several very good reference books I use all the time that are over $100. I have seen many great books that have gone through one printing and never printed again because the publisher did not sell very many. Books cost money to print and if they do not sell it is a loss for the company. A company has to make a profit to stay in business.

The truth is that books in general have gotten more expensive because people do not read as much.

6. preacher4truth

For the record here is the string from gb93433

I in no way lied as he has accused. I simply asked for documentation and then googled his accusation only to be led to an old thread on BB where he had also had other accusations for which documentation was requested, and not given.

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Have verified what I wrote rather than accusing me of something that is not true. Have you contacted Lifeway and asked to see Dr. Lea's original manuscript? Have you had a conversation with any of his former students? Have you had any conversation with any of his family? If it were so important to you then you would have instead of making false accusations.

Name calling? Were you not the person who named what I said as a conspiracy theory? Do you really know what a theory is?

9. mandym

mandym New Member

It matters not. Unless you can provide substantial evidence then when you repeat it, it is nothing more than slander. Gossip at best. Grow up

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

[snipped] You named the truth as a conspiracy theory. I wrote where I got the information and said that it was a personal conversation. You falsely accused me of something when I told thew truth. Personal testimony is used all the time to convict people of crimes.

Give written proof that what I told you is a conspiracy theory.

#30 gb93433, Feb 18, 2012
  11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What do you consider substantial evidence?

12. mandym

mandym New Member

Anything other than your claim with nothing to back it up. But then even after that it is just gossip. So you have painted yourself into a corner of either being a slanderer or a gossip. Which is it?

#32 mandym, Feb 18, 2012
  13. preacher4truth

Yes, name calling. What you've done, own up. While you blurt out outright accusations that are unfounded, you want to go after the definition of "theory"? Seriously? :laugh:

My comment 'conspiracy theory' is representative of the tone of your accusations, this is especially apparent after I saw your past accusations that I provided a link for.

You call it name calling because one simply shows where you have made other similar accusations in the past? You made unfounded accusations in that link as you do here, and when requested you never provide proof for your statements. That's calling you a name? No, that's just showing another example of the same behavior in the past.

The way you handle it is when someone asks for proof you come back name calling. When one shows you've done the same in the past, you do the same with that.

Now, go verify your baseless accusations yourself since it's so simple. The burden of proof lies upon YOU not others, or, do you not understand that? It's you that have made slanderous remarks on the SBC and Lifeway, yet you want others to prove it for you? Ridiculous. :laugh:

Go do what mandym said, OK?

I am glad that the web has provided you a place to call me a liar, for no reason, something I know you wouldn't do in public. At least I would hope your behavior in public wouldn't be so "imprudent" a decision as it would be found out to be.

14. preacher4truth

Anything other than your gossip. And minus the name calling against those who ask for proof.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hearsay and gossip without a shred of evidence. Sad "defender" when no real substantial defense is given.

And to accuse someone of "lying" is taken as a serious offense on the BB.

Without solid evidence of a "lie", I will snip posts.

16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Personal testimony is consider evidence in a court of law and that is not good enough for you? I gave you the truth and if that is not good enough for you? Do you verify everything you read in the newspaper, books etc. Have you verified everything you read in scripture?

17. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems to me that if you can't prove gb93433 is telling the truth or not, aren't you guilty of the same thing? :confused:

18. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you not know that personal testimony is evidence in a court of law? And that is not good enough for you? It is your choice to believe it or not but I am unable to see that you did anything to verify what I wrote by asking any others or checking the information for yourself. If you get a copy of the original manuscript he submitted and it differs from what I wrote in regards to my personal conversation with him about the book and what he taught in class then let me know.

I was unable to find the answer to my question, "When was the last time you verified the information with anyone who had him for classes and you read the book for yourself to see for yourself?

19. preacher4truth

I provided a link to your past where you've done the same, accusing the SBC, and when asked to you provided no proof or documentation, it was all based upon hearsay.

Today you've done the same and tell us a story for 'proof' that is not documented.

We still await documentation, all you've given is second hand stories, and rebutted in a pejorative fashion, calling me a liar. I've lied about nothing, and am not the only one who asked for documentation which you haven't provided, as you say you have.

You tell me to go get proof from Lifeway, attempting to remove the burden of proof from yourself and place it on others, which is further evidence you've provided no veritable proof, as you ask me to go get it myself.

Leave off your name calling and calling me a liar. It's not Christ like nor appreciated. All I can say is God bless you, and I'll take the slanderous remarks kindly, but you've broken BB rules numerous times in this thread. That, and I'll have to put you back on ignore, this is the same reason you went on there last time. I really dislike doing that, it's really ridiculous, but you've earned it by your behavior.

#39 preacher4truth, Feb 18, 2012
  20. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did you read post #21

What is your proof other than opinion?

Could you provide proof?

Baseless? Shall I call you stupid when I told you that I have read Dr. Lea's book and had a personal conversation with him about it. Can you provide documentation for your statements?

Naming someone as creating a conspiracy theory is not a lie? Could you provide documentation of your accusation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.