1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifting up Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by GH, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Chrift

Chrift New Member

Ok I see. Hence the title "Psalm 136" and "Verse ##'s"?

Now I am even more :confused: . Time for some coffee...

2. GH

GH New Member

Sorry Chrift, I didn't mean to confuse you. [​IMG]

My point was, as stated above, that the scriptures have been twisted to fit the interpretations of those who wanted to control by fear and condemnation. I mean why do we need a Savior if it's about us? He could have saved Himself the suffering and bleeding to save us and we could all just bring our sacrifice to the Temple in Jerusalem and have the Jewish priests offer it for forgiveness. But wait a minute - the Temple's been destroyed. I guess we're forced to rely on Christ's sacrifice alone.

Oh dear - now you're probably really confused. :D

Peace, GH

3. GH

GH New Member

Dear 3AM and All,

In keeping with the spirit of this thread and with my first post on resting in Christ:

Ephesians 3:17-19 ………that the Christ through faith may dwell in your hearts, being firmly rooted in love, that you may be fully able to understand with all the saints, what is the breadth and length, and depth and height, to know even that which surpasses knowledge - the love of the Christ; SO THAT YOU MAY BE FILLED TO THE MEASURE OF ALL THE FULLNESS OF GOD.

So love surpasses knowledge. This our God……love.

For a small moment have I forsaken thee, but with great mercies will I gather thee."

Is 54:7. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Most people say we are saved by faith not works. But if you look at the verse more closely you will see that the faith too is a gift from God. So neither man’s faith nor his works brings his salvation. His salvation comes by faith through the Holy Spirit – it is God’s faith not mans! God will seek His lost ones, “till He finds them.” God is omnipotent and man's choices will never be able to thwart God's will.

And what is God's will?

"Even so it is NOT the will of your Father which is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish." (Mat. 18:14)

"God wills (desires) all men to be saved...." (1 Tim. 2:4)

"God will do ALL His desire." (Is. 46:10)

If God cannot accomplish His will, then He is less than sovereign. "But God will work ALL things out according to the counsel of His own will." (Eph. 1:10) "And He does according to His will in the army of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth and NONE can stay His hand or say unto Him, "What do you do?"

2Sa 14:14
    "For we will surely die and become like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again. Yet God does not take away a life; but He devises means, so that His banished ones are not expelled from Him.

Jesus said, "You have heard that it was said, “You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?

Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.”

What is Jesus talking about here? Love. Being perfected in love. This perfection is love. Be loving as your Father in heaven is loving.

1Cor 13(WEY)
    4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. Love is not proud and does not boast.
    5 Love does not do things that are not nice. Love does not just think of itself. Love does not get angry. Love holds no wrong feelings in the heart.
    6 Love is not glad when people do wrong things. But it is always glad when they do right.
    7 Love forgives everything. Love is always trusting, and always hoping, and never gives up.
    8 Love never ends.

I too believe that God is good when He judges sin, and allows its consequences to affect our lives. He is perfecting us in love.

Luke 2:10 Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. There doesn't seem to be anything in here about "some". It says "all". Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? His goodness NOT His judgments that lead people to repentance.

God created all things, even the wicked for the day of evil. (Proverbs 16:4)

If I be lifted up from the earth (and He was), *****I (God) ***** will draw (His Sovereignty) all men (His love) unto Me (God).

All the terrible pronouncements of God's judgment, both present and future must be looked at in light of the numerous passages of scripture that speak of the love of God and His tender mercies. The Bible says that "God does not cast off forever" and that "His mercy endures forever." How do we reconcile these glorious statements of forgiveness with God's supposed anger and wrath?

After God's fire of judgment has come to all men, and all submit to the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, every man will then be ready and fit to inherit the Kingdom of God. At this point, "every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord," and God will finally be "all in all (1 Cor. 15:28).
    Isa. 54:8

"In short wrath I turned My face away from you: but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy upon you, saith the Lord your Redeemer."

Mercy= Racham=
    To love/ To love deeply/ To have mercy/ To be compassionate/ To have tender affection, have compassion. To love/ To have compassion/ To be compassionate/ To be shown compassion.

1Tim 2:"4 God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
    6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in DUE TIME"

"God IS the Savior of ALL mankind....These things charge and teach" (1Tim.4:10,11).

Well, I guess this wasn't too long after all. [​IMG]

Mercy, grace and peace in Christ, GH

4. GH

GH New Member

In continuing to lift up Jesus and His all-sufficient love, mercy, grace and power, I offer the following article for edification: (If it's too long or takes up too much space then I rely on the moderators to take appropriate action. [​IMG] )

THE POWER OF SILENCE by Walter Lanyon

“Keep silent before me.” From the Silence springs the new life. The seed must be first buried in the silence of the earth, away from the noisy clamoring of appearances and circumstances, before it can break its shell and live. All self-resurrection takes place in the silence of the tomb. Nothing that is born of noise and clatter can survive long.

There is a vast difference between talking about Truth and talking the Truth. Talking about Truth does not aid the so-called growth, any more than talking about the principles of music makes a musician. In reality there is no such thing as growth. What we call growth is merely becoming more aware of the isness of life. The more we contemplate the eternal facts of existence the more we seem to grow or progress; yet in reality nothing happens, except that we become more conscious of that which eternally is. “There is nothing new under the sun,” the principle of the automobile and the radio existed eternally in the Mind which is God. Man can only become aware of that which is; he can never create anything. When man is awakened to the glorious facts of existence, he drops the foolish idea that he can change God or the universe, or can induce God to do something for him in the nature of a miracle, by begging or beseeching him to do so. God is impersonal. The operation of his law is natural, not miraculous. Get away from the sickly idea of making a demonstration. What are you doing between the “so-called” demonstrations? Living without God?

If “demonstrating” is becoming conscious for a few moments that God is, it follows naturally that when you are not demonstrating you are entirely out of the radius of God’s power. Where are you, then, between whiles? And where is God? “Awake thou that sleepest.” Know ye not that you are always in the presence of the one and only power? Cease from idle chatter about your little good and your little demonstrations. Come into the full reality of the isness of everything. Get rid of the asinine words, “miraculous” and “wonderful.” Is anything wonderful to God? And is there anywhere he is not? By hanging on to the idea that something “wonderful” has happened, you introduce into your life mystery, which is the very antithesis of the teachings of Jesus.

Divest Truth of every bit of mystery. Lay firm hold on the facts of existence. Start always from the premise, “it is done.” Do not hinder your progress with the thought of the future --- “Now is the accepted time.” This is the time to accept the finished and perfect manifestation. In the Silence recognize the vast possibilities of bringing into visibility the dream of reality that has swept over your inner vision. “It is done. It is done.” Silently and quietly you contemplate this great fact.

Jesus knew the power of Silence and said: “See that ye tell no man,” knowing well that until the consciousness of man is fully aware of the isness of Life, he would dissipate it by talking about it. All the energy that should be used for manifestation is wasted talking so much about it. “That which is told in secret shall be called from the housetop” does not refer to a public scandal: it is a statement of law. Do not worry that your good or your healing shall not be known; if it is a reality, all the world shall know of it and glorify God, not you. Fear not.

In face of this command, “Keep silent and tell no man,” comes the command, “Go tell how the blind receive their sight, and the deaf their hearing,” and again there is this admonition: “Cast not your pearls before swine.”
    What a confusion to one who is still arguing and toiling with the letter, and what a struggle to the person who is making demonstrations and trying to get the “loaves and fishes” out of the Truth! But what a blessed revelation to that person who has come, even in a degree, to know that neither he nor any one else, no matter how learned or wonderful, is going to change the eternal facts of existence.

The truth finally dawns on man that “becoming one with the Father” is not a means of making God do his bidding, but rather a chance for man to do the will of God, whose will is good. Man then moves with the universal tide of peace, and stops his clamoring for things; things will take care of themselves. “Be still and know,” has been used by many a one as an occasion to know that God would give him a fur coat or an automobile. Can God give more than all? Into what kind of black magic have we strayed when we imagine that by saying a few words, we can draw out of the invisible all manner of things, just as a magician draws rabbits and eggs from his pocket?

“Except a seed first fall into the ground and die, it shall not live.” Until we part with all the silly notions we have had about God and his universe, we shall never know the real life which is Spirit --- birthless, ageless, and deathless. To the person who is awake, “consider the lilies” is about the biggest lesson in the world. It is a lesson in peace and silence. A glorious consciousness dawns upon the awakened one, that “it is well” with not only the lily, but with man, when he stops trying to use the Power in a mysterious way to obtain that which is given to him in the open sunlight of God’s love, if he has the courage to take it. Can anything be changed or added to a finished universe governed by a changeless Power?

“Keep silent before me.” If you perceive the Spirit of this message, keep silent. In due time you shall tell the world by your works, not by your words. An engine would never get the steam up with all the valves open. What matter whether the outside world sees anything happening or not? You know, and it is well. Fear not.

In the insect kingdom there is a white ant which lives on wood. It has been known to eat away the entire framework of a house without being discovered. Silently and unseen it eats the rafters and beams. On the outside nothing seems to be happening --- in fact the house may seem as strong as ever --- but behold! Quite suddenly it collapses and is reduced to nothing. So it is with one who knows the law, even in a degree. He is on the inside contemplating the isness of Being. Every day the rafters and beams of beliefs are giving way, though the man in the street may argue that nothing is happening. Every time you pray the prayer of the all good, something is taking place on the inside.

“But see that ye tell no man.” Why should you waste time telling the world that presently the house will tumble down? It would only laugh, or perhaps try to prevent it. Rest assured it will be seen when it is down. Watch also that you do not run to the outside of the house to see if anything is happening and so get hypnotized by the appearance; if you do this you are defeated before you begin. Go within, close your door, and contemplate the Finished Kingdom with thanksgiving and joy, well knowing that the “Father who seeth in secret rewards openly.” Fear not.

No more chattering with this one and that one. You have seen the Vision and “discretion shall preserve thee.” No matter what this great one or that learned one thinks or believes; you know, so “be still,” remembering that he who can argue on the Truth has not yet heard the Truth. There is nothing to argue about an established fact, it is and that is all. God is, and this is all. Why worry over terms, expressions, this teaching or that teaching? Be still and know. Fear not.

5. Me2

Me2 New Member

Son 2:10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    Son 2:11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over [and] gone;
    Son 2:12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing [of birds] is come, and the voice of the turtle [dove] is heard in our land;

Son 8:14 Make haste, my beloved, and be thou like to a roe or to a young hart upon the mountains of spices.

Jesus (the beloved) in a nutshell......

6. GH

GH New Member

My heart is singing. [​IMG]

Son 2:3

Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest is my lover among the young men. I delight to sit in his shade, and his fruit is sweet to my taste.

4: He has taken me to the banquet hall, and his banner over me is love.

5: Strengthen me with raisins, refresh me with apples, for I am faint with love.

6: His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces me.

7:..........Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.

Love you, Me2.

GH

7. Me2

Me2 New Member

Son 7:10 I [am] my beloved's, and his desire [is] toward me.
    Son 7:11 Come, my beloved, let us go forth into the field; let us lodge in the villages.
    Son 7:12 Let us get up early to the vineyards; let us see if the vine flourish, [whether] the tender grape appear, [and] the pomegranates bud forth: there will I give thee my loves.

Son 6:3 I [am] my beloved's, and my beloved [is] mine: he feedeth among the lilies.

Amen, GH
    ;)
    Me2

8. GH

GH New Member

From Rumi:

Here Someone is hidden who has taken hold of me and does not let me go.

Here Someone is hidden softer than the soul who led me to the garden of spirit and made me homeless.

Here Someone is hidden a radiant face as delicate and fleeting as the ephemeral moment before sleep.

Here Someone is hidden like sweetness in sugar cane, an invisible magician who has captured my soul.

Hidden somewhere inside, my Beloved and I have dissolved in each other.

No beauty in the world can ever tempt me for I see only the face of my Beloved.

Tired and in pain I searched the world for help until I found in love the cure for my pain.

Here Someone hidden whispered: "Pass beyond your tears and you will see the broken hearted lovers are the lords of heaven."

Here Someone hidden appeared holding love's wine and to Him I've given all my vows.

9. GH

GH New Member

http://www.tentmaker.org/lists/SovereigntyScriptures.html

Hi Everyone,

Still lifting HIM up, here are some scriptures which speak of HIS sovereignty. The link above has 19 pages of such scriptures. For those interested in these things, may they edify you and bring you hope in the Living God.

Peace, GH

The Sovereignty of God
    compiled by
    David Sprenger

Matthew 10:29
    Not one of them [sparrows] will fall to the ground apart from your Father.
    Matthew 11:25-27
    Nor does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and anyone whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
    Matthew 13:11
    To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of Heaven, but to them it has not been granted.
    Matthew 18:14
    Thus it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones perish.
    Matthew 19:11
    Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given.
    Matthew 19:26
    With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
    Matthew 20:23
    This is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by My Father.
    Matthew 22:14
    For many are called, but few are chosen.
    Matthew 26:54
    How then shall the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen this way.
    Mark 4:10-12
    To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God; but those who are outside get everything in parables.... lest they return again and be forgiven.
    Mark 13:20
    But for the sake of the elect whom He chose, He shortened the days.
    Luke 8:10
    To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is in parables; in order that seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand.
    Luke 10:21-22
    No one knows who the Father is except the Son...and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
    Luke 18:27
    The things impossible with men are possible with God.
    Luke 20:38
    For all live to Him.
    John 1:12-13
    Who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of [the will of] God.
    John 3:27
    A man can receive nothing unless it has been given him from heaven.
    John 5:21
    The Son also gives life to whom He wishes [Greek: wills]
    John 5:25
    The dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear shall live.
    John 6:37
    All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me.
    Psalms 75:7
    But God is the Judge; He puts down one, and exalts another.
    Psalms 86:9
    All nations whom Thou hast made shall come and worship before Thee, O Lord; and they shall glorify Thy name.
    Psalms 100:3
    Know that the Lord Himself is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
    Psalms 103:9,10
    He will not always strive with us; nor will He keep his anger forever. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
    Psalms 103:19
    The Lord has established His throne in the heavens; and His sovereignty rules over all.
    Psalms 115:3
    But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases.
    Psalms 127:1
    Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it. Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman keeps awake in vain.
    Psalms 130:8
    And He will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
    Ps 135:6
    Whatever the Lord pleases, He does, in heaven and in earth, in seas
    Ps 138:4
    All the kings of the earth will give thanks to Thee, O Lord, when they have heard the words of Thy mouth. And they will sing of the ways of the Lord

10. GH

GH New Member

Edward Perronet – 1779

ALL HAIL THE POWER OF JESUS’ NAME

All hail the power of Jesus’ Name! Let angels prostrate fall;
    Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown Him Lord of all.
    Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown Him Lord of all.

Let highborn seraphs tune the lyre, and as they tune it, fall

Before His face Who tunes their choir, and crown Him Lord of all.
    Before His face Who tunes their choir, and crown Him Lord of all.

Crown Him, ye morning stars of light, Who fixed this floating ball;
    Now hail the strength of Israel’s might, and crown Him Lord of all.
    Now hail the strength of Israel’s might, and crown Him Lord of all.

Crown Him, ye martyrs of your God, who from His altar call;
    Extol the Stem of Jesse’s Rod, and crown Him Lord of all.
    Extol the Stem of Jesse’s Rod, and crown Him Lord of all.

Ye seed of Israel’s chosen race, ye ransomed from the fall,
    Hail Him Who saves you by His grace, and crown Him Lord of all.
    Hail Him Who saves you by His grace, and crown Him Lord of all.

Hail Him, ye heirs of David’s line, Whom David Lord did call,
    The God incarnate, Man divine, and crown Him Lord of all,
    The God incarnate, Man divine, and crown Him Lord of all.

Sinners, whose love can ne’er forget the wormwood and the gall,
    Go spread your trophies at His feet, and crown Him Lord of all.
    Go spread your trophies at His feet, and crown Him Lord of all.

Let every tribe and every tongue before Him prostrate fall
    And shout in universal song the crownèd Lord of all.
    And shout in universal song the crownèd Lord of all.

[John Rippon added this verse in 1787]

O that, with yonder sacred throng, we at His feet may fall,
    Join in the everlasting song, and crown Him Lord of all,
    Join in the everlasting song, and crown Him Lord of all!

All Glory, Honor and Praise to You Almighty God.\o/