1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ligonier Ministries - What Do You Think Of Them?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by eightball, Jul 18, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I went to one of these - it was great!

Something you will never forget.

in Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Today RC gave a distinctly Calvinist presentation of the Gospel - which was in error in far more places than you find in his usual teaching sessions. I am always sad when RC happens across a subject where he is mistaken. He is usually right on the mark!

in Christ,

Bob

#22 BobRyan, Jul 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am very grateful to God for the ministry of RC Sproul. He has been one of the most influencial teachers in my life.

4. Geoff

Geoff New Member

Panhandling for Jesus?

I discovered what a mistake it is to ever send a donation to Ligonier. Send em a few bucks and then you wind up on their call list. Then they'll call you for months and even years begging you to give them more. Sheesh! Ligonier has the most annoying telemarketing people in the world!

I finally figured out why they beg for money so much. It's because the Sproul family thinks they need to live like royalty. A couple years ago Tim Dick the Ligonier President spent $8 million of donor money to buy a mansion. The next week he turned around and fired a dozen Ligonier employees. He told them it was because they were having a budget crunch. Buying an $8 million mansion might do that! Then Tim Dick went out and bought himself a new Lexus. Tim Dick is R.C. Sproul's son in law.

The entire Sproul family works at Ligonier. Or maybe "work" isn't the right word. Anyway, they all get paid by Ligonier, which means they freeload off donors. From what I've read the Sproul family takes home over a million bucks a year! I do appreciate R.C. Sproul's teaching, but I don't appreciate it nearly that much.

5. Dustin

Dustin New Member

That's a bunch of Pentecostals right? Conferences, esspecially in pentecostal circles, come of more as big pep rallys, or a youth group retreat with a lot of hype. I saw a video of a UPC pastors conference once, where the head speaker kept numbers on how many "Jesus' name" baptisms they performed, and how many "spoke in tounges", then proceeded to climb on the podium and scream "in your face, devil!", while the rest of them hooted and hollered ran around for no good reason.

It was entertaining, for sure, in good conscience, I could never go to one.

Soli Deo Gloria,
    Dustin

6. Dustin

Dustin New Member

I know! He's infralapsarian. :thumbs:

7. eightball

eightball New Member

Well, since I started this threat, I've gotten a whole gamut of interesting responses, from -10 to +10 for this ministry and or the originator R.C. Sproul.

Anyway, I just received a donation request in the mail the other day. It didn't take them long to send it shortly after my first copy of their "Tabletalk" magazine came.

8. Geoff

Geoff New Member

I give em a -9

Up until a few weeks ago I would have given them a +9. After all the stuff I've read about them in the past month now I have to give them a -9.

There have been a lot of really bad things reported about Ligonier Ministries. The one that disturbs me the most is the one about Ligonier stealing Don Kistler's ministry, Soli Deo Gloria Ministries. They should have repented but they never did. In the end the only thing that R.C. Sproul did about it was to remove Tim Dick as President. Not nearly good enough in my book.