1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Limbaugh was under the influence of drugs is settled ,should he be trusted???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Apr 28, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

88.2%
  2. No

11.8%
  3. I have an opinion ,it is somewhere in between

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Rush Limbaugh arrested then plea bargain link

Snippet:prosecutors previously were investigating prescriptions that Limbaugh received from Florida and California doctors between March 2003 and September 2003, when he allegedly picked up 1,733 hydrocodone, 90 OxyContin, 50 Xanax and 40 time-release morphine pills.

but also in 2001

Snippett:After those prescriptions dried up, Wilma Cline found another drug source for Limbaugh, she told the tabloid, getting him at one point After those prescriptions dried up, Wilma Cline found another drug source for Limbaugh, she told the tabloid, getting him at one point 11,900 pills in a four month period in 2001. period in 2001.

So the question is and it is settled now, that Limbaugh was heavily under the influence.

Should all he has commented on during that time be discounted as someone equivalent to being drunk or is what he said still valid even under the influence of heavy opiates???

to be fair to Mr. Limbaugh he did check himself in after his admission also it is to be noted his very high priced lawyer Roy Black was able to get a Plea Bargian.

But the question has to deal with the time he was under the deep influence of opiates.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we all need to be praying for Rush that he remains clear of this addiction as he has for the past 2 1/2 years.

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I wouldn't think that being under the influence would affect what you think of Limbaugh any more than it would influence what you think about Rene Descartes for being drunk.

Their statements should stand or fall based on the merits of their statements.

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

If you've never had long term chronic pain you have no idea of how easy it is to get into a progressive addiction with prescibed meds...

Some of us have high pain tolerances and strong pain controlling wills...

Some don't...

As for Rush's opinions some I agree with...

Some I disagree vehemently with...

I am not a 24/7 member so my voice doesn't get heard whether I agree or disagree... [​IMG]

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I can totally understand how someone in pain could get addicted to pain meds - you feel so much better, functional again. It's just that the man himself has been very harsh towards addicts while he was one - seems kinda hypocritical. It's similar to Dave Chapelle's skits of a blind KKK member who doesn't realize that he is black.

6. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

There is a fine line between have a diagnsed medical condition requiring meds and not having a medical condition...

At least in the mind of the addicted person. [​IMG]

I know my granny got addicted to pain meds when I was a boy...

We suspect, but do not know for sure, that the physician over prescribed intentionally to make her dependent on him...

It was a real mess... She was an addict in the truest sense of the word... But, she didn't realize it... Even after being confronted with it... More than once...

So, I guess I have a slightly differet perspective than most... As I've seen the mind games addicts play...

Hey I have a prescription... I can't be an addict... Etc.

I have a slipped disk, I am in chronic pain... I have a legitimate need... I can't be an addict...

Mike Sr.

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Straight or high, I don't care for him - but the added element of hypocrisy when he's high, doesn't help.

He's not my cup of tea.

8. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

The hypocrisy came in with his draconian pronouncements on what should be done with drug addicts while he was doing the same thing himself.

There's a really funny, but unfortunately profane audio clip of Rush coming out of his drug haze and realizing that he had been babbling nonsense for years.

9. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Exactly! [​IMG]

That is the problem I have with Rush, his hypocrisy.

I understand that he could be in chronic pain and feel that he needs this medication to function. I'm not living with his pain; I don't know how bad it is, that's his decision. Although I don't care much for most of what Rush says, I don't think he should be prosecuted for this. Let him take as many painkillers as he wants, I don't care.