Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Politics' started by LadyEagle, Jan 5, 2007.
Not my idea, but it seems like a good one:
We hear so much about moderate muslims since 09/11. Could these same questions be posed to determine who is a "moderate" muslim?
A) Would you fight to stop muslims from killing a Christian that had converted from islam?
B) Would you be willing to die trying to give a Christian the right to worship God?
Should we expect more from a Muslim than we are willing to give ourselves? I want you to ask yourself the following questions:
1. If you are a male Christian ask yourself something like, what do you think if a Muslim or an atheist man were to marry your sister, your daughter? Would that be acceptable to you?
2. What do you think about Muslims praying in churches that used to be mosques? What do you think about Jews praying in Christian holy places that used to be Jewish? I am sure you will receive some puzzled looks here.
3. What do you think of Christians who convert to Islam? You can drill deeper by asking yourself how you would feel if your son or daughter or a relative converted to Islam.
4. What do they think Of Muslims proselytizing in the Christian world?
5. Should women have equal rights to men?
Sorry, that is off topic. Perhaps those would be better asked of Christians running for political office in Muslim countries. Oh, that's right. There aren't any.
Awsome response . . . !
1. They have yoked themselves unequally with a muslim - in direct opposition to the Word of God. I cannot imagine what turmoil must happen to the Spirit of God when one of His children would sin so heinously.
2. I think that muslims that convert and worship the True God - Jesus - should be allowed to pray in churches - especially if they are former mosques - AND ESPECIALLY THOSE MOSQUES THAT WERE STOLEN FROM CHRISTIANITY.
3. Those that convert to islam are going to hell.
4. Christians cannot be proselytized. Only those that are already going to hell can be proselytized to a pagan religion.
5. Yes, but that is a Christian concept.
Amazing how quick people are to rob people of their religious freedoms in a land renown for its protection of those freedoms. A litmus test for one religion? Will you apply that same test, or a version of it, to Jews, Catholics, Mormons, Buddhists, Hindus, etc. How about Methodists, Baptists, and Presbyterians?
It seems like some of you folks would have us repeal the "religious test" clause and the first amendment. You enjoy those freedoms, but you don't want others to have the same right.
One of you has already suggested that we model our freedoms on the Muslim law when it was suggested that we forbid Islam until Christianity is legalised in Muslim nations.
Do we really want Christian Sharia Law in out great land? Do we really want to deprive people of their rights because of their religion? This whole mindset reminds me of Hitleresque notions. Lets just outlaw the whole religion, or at least apply a test we apply to no one else. Maybe we can then start shipping them off to "Rehabilitation Camps."
Maybe a first step would be ot make them wear a crescent on their clothes.
Here is an article about this subject in the Indianapolis Star:
The trouble with that author's thinking like many, including here, is that islam is equated as "just another religion" when in fact, it is a political ideology with the aim, like communism and fascism, of taking over a nation (as has been proved countless times in other nations), and changing the whole political system to conform to islamic ideology. Islam is NOT just any other religion - it is dangerous and unless Americans wake up and understand the nature of this satanic beast, it will be to our own peril and the way of life as we have always known it.
The Deputy Prime Minister under Saddam Hussein was Christian.
First, if you call that a Christian.
Second, if you had a gun to your head what would you do?
Perhaps I am mistaken, but I was under the impression that Iraq was technically a secular nation until we invaded and gave them a constitution which changed it to an islamic state, which it is now.
How do you figure? If that were true, why did it take some 1900 years for women to get suffrage in predominantly Christian nations?
One of you must be a proud member of a social club.
And in muslim countries, longer than that, even.
Suffering in child birth? :laugh: God gave that.
Oh, the right to vote . . . are ya' kinda forgetting the years preceding 1789 or so . . . so what are ya' gonna do with the other 1789 years or so that ya' kinda forgot about?
I kinda think Muslim treatment of women might be good for her . . .
Women throughout the U.S. were not given the right to vote until 1920.
Through most of those centuries no one had "suffrage." Serfs didn't vote for their monarchs, dukes, earls, et al.
Do you believe in equal rights? Should male police officers and military personnel get to grow their hair as long as women in comparable positions? Should men enlisting in the army have to do only as few pushups as women enlistees do? If a husband and wife are getting a divorce and are, as far as can be determined, equally competent and available to take care of children involved, should it always be 'joint custody,' should a 1/2 probability be used [i.e., flip a coin] to award custody, or should it generally go to the woman?-- the man? Should women be allowed to go around in public with a bare chest, or should men be required to cover theirs? Should young women be required to register for the draft at age 18? If Hilary Clinton [or any woman] were to be elected President, should Slick Willie be given the title of First Lady?