1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Litmus Test for Muslims Running for Political Office in the US

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LadyEagle, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

:thumbs: My thoughts exactly. I am not willing to give up more freedom under the guise of "it will make us safe". Concentrate your efforts on finding and taking care of the radicals and leave everyone else alone. What is so unreasonable about that? I never thought I would see the day where championing the 1st amendment would be seen as PC. For those "strict constructionists" out there, how do you reconcile this notion? You cannot be a strict constructionist and at the same time call for the elimination of our most important constitutional right. The one our founding fathers had the sense to list 1st in the Bill of Rights.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I had to chuckle when I read this. The very notion of me taking views just because they are "politically correct" is laughable.

My views are not very "PC" here - yet that doesn't stop me from posting them ;).

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There will be plenty of shysters determined to see to it that that is not done, and they'll earn millions from limousine liberals chiipping in and/or Arab oil money.

Let's take a converse example on that. In Saudi Arabia it is not legal to be in possession of a Bible or to practice any faith other than Islam. Does that mean the Christians have won there?

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

No, the limousine liberals will chip in when they are persecute when they have not broken the law.

Uh, no, it means the oppressors rule there. Your analogy does no work in your favor.

5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

When one country imposes unfair trade barriers, other coutries will often retaliate with barriers of their own. Nothing wrong with that, is there. Why would it be wrong to insist on some reciprocity in other areas as well? I don't think anyone suggested that Islam be forbidden here (Admittedly I haven't read all posts), but limiting immigration from countries that do not allow Christianity is not so different from insisting on fair trade practices.

Edited - Oops, wrong thread

#45 NiteShift, Jan 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2007
  6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

No problem with limiting immigration from any country. That last word is key.

7. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Well I will go along with that. And if it happens to be Muslim countries, so be it. After all, it would be like a neighbor telling you to keep your kids out of their yard, but every time you looked out back, their kids were playing in your yard.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The litmus test discussed in this thread was religion based - that would keep law abiding Muslim citizens from place like the UK out based totally on their religion.

That is what I oppose.