1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Little House

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by Salty, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mrs Salty is having a fit about the TV show, Little House on the Parie

What did Mr. Olsen ever see in Mrs Olsen to get married to her?

2. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

I would often wonder the same thing. :smilewinkgrin: All I could come up with is she must have been on her very, very best behavior during their courtship. She wouldn't be the first...

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From episode "Back to School Part I"

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Maybe this was a case of love being blind. :laugh:

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I always wondered the same thing--what did he ever see in her? He didn't marry her for her looks or personality--unless both of those got drastically worse over the years. However, that show lasted from when the kids were little until the girl was married, and they adopted another girl just as rotten (if not worse) as the first one.

I really felt sorry for Mr. Olsen with that witch of a wife and daughter, and that brat of a son wasn't any better. I realize it was just a TV show, but it would have been much more enjoyable without that family in it--except for Mr. Olsen. His patience was unbelievable. I can't believe that a marriage like that would last long in real life.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I remember correctly, Nelie Olsen was was actually a composite of three different individuals that (the real) Laura Ingles Wilder knew as she grew up.

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe she was a "mail order bride." She placed a lot of ads and got passage money from suckers she had no intention of coming to marry until one of those was Mr. Olsen, who threatened to prosecute her. But instead she offered to use the money she accumulated for them to move far away and start a new business.

[That is a very diminutive example of my 'fanfic' writing I have done so many of,]