1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Little Kittel Questions

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Jabbezzz, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Jabbezzz

Jabbezzz New Member

I have some questions about the Little Kittel volume.

Does the New Testament Little Kittel (the one volume abridged version of the full Kittel set) have every single word the full set contains, only with abbreviated definitions?

Or, are many of the words in the full set left out of the abridged volume entirely?

Thanks,
    Jabbezzz [​IMG]

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

My understanding is the little Kittel leaves out the other material and only contains the NT material.

3. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Little Kittel is VERY abridged. It is more of word study book. The 10 volume set is excellent - huge detail.

4. Jabbezzz

Jabbezzz New Member

Thanks for the feedback, guys. My understanding is that the Little Kittel contain every single word the full set contains, only with much abbreviated material. Is this correct?

Thanks

5. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Sort of!

The list of words reviewed by Kittel is not that large - not nearly the whole bible.

But in the 10 vol set any entry might be 4 pages - or 20 pages! This would include its use in classical Greek, the Greek OT and the NT. Related words would be discussed. Individual uses in various verses would be discussed.

Little Kittel has essentially the same words (I have the 10 vol set and not little Kittel but I have looked through little Kittel) but in more of a lexicon format.