1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Little Sins?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tyndale1946, Nov 21, 2015.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A friend of mine who doesn't attend church told me the other day I'm a pretty decent fellow and am always kind to my fellow man. Parents always taught me to go by the good book and treat each other as I would like to be treated... You know the golden rule. Always followed the ten commandments and never broke any of the major sins. I talked to him a little while about Jesus and what he accomplished on the cross for him and he was getting uncomfortable and said he had to leave. He told me as he was leaving... Well you know its all in Gods hands and I'm not worried about it!... Got in his car and as he was driving off... Rolled down his window and said... The only thing I'm guilty of is the little sins!... Before I could answer him he drove off... What do you think he meant by little sins?... Brother Glen :confused:

2. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most of the time, those who don't attend church classify "little sins" as those that aren't "big" enough for someone to make them feel guilty over.

I will say this, the Bible does speak of some sort of degrees to sins but all of that is irrelevant since those "big" ones and "little" ones result in the same thing apart from the blood of Christ—eternal separation from God.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sounds like he believes God grades on degrees of sin. He simply needs to know "little sins" will send one to hell just the same as the "big ones" unless they have been born again. Hopefully when he hears this he will ask the same questions Nicodemus asked and it will lead him to a contrite heart and him calling upon Jesus Christ for salvation.