1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"LIVE 24HR FEED" Sexperiment with Ed and Lisa Young

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Christos doulos, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The anger isn't about discussing sexuality in the marriage.

The irriation - at least on my part - is about WHAT is said from the pulpit by these men.

OK, I deleted my examples because they might have been too graphic for the BB.

#21 Scarlett O., Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  2. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I am no fan of Joel, not by a longshot, but you dealt unfairly with his comment there. He did not give anyone permission to commit adultery. He explained what one choice a wife can make that will be used as a reason by many men. He told the truth.

I don't think you dealt fairly with Driscol either. His point was that a wife who is saved that acts with respect, submission, grace and mercy can be used by God to change a man's heart.

I don't know what the context of Young's comment was, but it seems way out there.

Your example of the African American preacher that you can't name only proves my point. We need to preach the whole council of God's Word, and that includes boldly and openly preaching what God actually says about sex. If he would have kept to the truth of the following passage he would have been much better off.

Co 7:1 Now concerning the things about which you wrote, it is good for a man not to touch a woman.
    1Co 7:2 But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband.
    1Co 7:3 The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband.
    1Co 7:4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.
    1Co 7:5 Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. (NASB)

Too many men use sex to prove their manhood. Too many women use it as a weapon to get what they want from men (whether physical or emotional) thereby proving their power.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh dear. I don't think I was explicit enough!! He wasn't talking about acting with respect, submission, grace, and mercy. And he wasn't talking about sex in general.

He said that a woman who would not perform a marital act with her mouth - (I don't know how else to say this on the BB!!) - was sinning against God. He also said that a woman who had a husband who was lost and who would not do this was probably contributing to the his lost status and the way to bring him to the Lord was to perfom with act with her mouth. He even gave the anecdote of the woman rushing home from church to do this.

He said that wives were biblically required to perform this act!! And he quoted scripture for it from the Song Solomon, to boot.

And you defend this and the other three men's statements that they said?

I've got to get off the net.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This discussion cannot happen here on the open board. It needs to be taken to the private forums.

I have tried to type a further response that would be appropriate but I cannot. This thread will be shut down.

5. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I knew what you meant.

Sex has been abused and misused and it is high time we taught what God actually says about it. Puritanical attitudes about sex have done a great deal of damage. In fact, I would suggest they are to blame for the anything goes attitude we see in the world. I don't know how many people I have heard reject God, Christ, the Bible, and the Church based almost solely on this issue.

I do apologize for upsetting you. My intent is simply to stand on what God actually says in His Word on this and any issue.

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry, brother, about me. I apologize for bringing it up. We will just have to agree to disagree about this issue being God's word and do so in peace. You don't owe me any apologies. :flower:

Ann - I won't bring this up again. I'm sorry.

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does Size Make it Right?

Not in my books. There are mega churches all over (Osteen, Warren, etc.) and that does not make them Scripturally right or even in God's will. You are right about one thing: "One circus is as good as another one, as long as a lot of people come see it!" This is why the words about the path to heaven being narrow rings so true. The road to hell is wide, and filled from side to side.

8. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

No, no, no, you've got it backwards. I believe God. I don't believe wacko fundamentalists.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The first formulation of American fundamentalist beliefs can be traced to the Niagara Bible Conference and, in 1910, to the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church which distilled these into what became known as the "five fundamentals"

The inspiration of the Bible and the inerrancy of Scripture as a result of this.
    The virgin birth of Christ.
    The belief that Christ's death was the atonement for sin.
    The bodily resurrection of Christ.
    The historical reality of Christ's miracles.

Like I said if you do not believe God why would you believe me?

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No need to apologize!! I was just trying to respond to what was being said but with trying to stay within the guidelines of the board, I had to keep erasing what I typed!! I finally just gave up. :)

11. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Um, yeah, you're not understanding, bud. I believe God, I just don't believe you. That list is great - it's that you expand the list to say a million other things that God doesn't.

But this has nothing to do with this conversation.

12. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Song of Solomon has not been preached openly very much since the church adopted the modern vulgar interpretation of it, the fruits of which we are beginning to see.

It USED to be preached that the Song was an illustration of the passionate nature of Christ's love for his Church. But these days they teach that it is some sort of God-ordained smut.

Frank discussion of sexual matters are healthy, but as ANNSI said, they should be done discreetly. The danger being that we make something special (i.e., holy) into something common (i.e., vulgar) by speaking of it as if it (sexual intimacy) were nothing more than sneezing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.