1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liverpool or Everton

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Ulsterman, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Liverpool are pressing to be given one of the four Champions League places next year if they should win the competition (which would be an absolute travesty - because Champions this season they are not).

Everton would qualify if Liverpool fail to get to the final. Liverpool's argument is if they are CL champions they should have a right to defend their title. The FA must decide in such a scenario. So what do you think English football fans? Assuming Liverpool win shouild Everton be compelled t gove them their spot?

See http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4484889.stm for more details

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

If Liverpool can overcome Chelsea and the winner of AC/Einhoven they certainly deserve to defend their title no matter what the Premiership result.

3. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

AH, go on, let them both go to the CL! Liverpool's premiership standing doesnt do justice to the team that goes out every other week in Europe and gives off awesome preformances. Liverpools argument about defending the trophy i can see, but at the same time, Brazil still has to qualify to get to the WC, although they are holders. but lets see L'pool win this thing first, then they can talk.

4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel New Member

They should let Liverpool go in not as an English team but as a European team if they win. Everton deserve to go in because they did finish fourth :mad:

Anyways Liverpool won't win the Champions League so it is just a hope.

5. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Why? Didn't you think they played well on wednesday?

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

If Liverpool demand the right to defend their title, they will surely understand that it is earnt not given freely. That is the point of having sports as a competition.

Not that I am hard on Liverpool only, I think that "Seeding" of Tennis players in contests should stop also for the same reason.

7. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

I agree. It would be a travesty if Liverpool win the CL, but if they are then allowed to railroad the rules of the comp, that is worse!

Liverpool have been average this season, CL apart. Even last week beaten by Crystal P, today drawing with M'boro. Everton have been the better team over the whole season, and should be allowed to have their day in Europe.

Liverpool raises their game for the CL, but the CL is about teams who have shown consistency in their domestic leagues and L'pool haven't done that.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I had a change of heart after my post as I was talking to two other posters here. Title holders to any kind of championship competition should still have to qualify for the next season.

9. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. (James 1:8). ;)