1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Living a lie

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Brother Bob, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I recently read in the thread where the ME doctrine was and some said you allowed people to stay on here who teach a doctrine that there are some among the church for years, who are not saved and never were and eventually they are discovered by them committing some terrible sin.
    I am one of those who believe there are those who for years fool everyone, but the Lord. Who put on a good show, and even fill the pulpit for years, who have never been saved. Jesus said there was, is why I believe it.

2Cr 11:15Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Gal 2:4And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Mat 15:8This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with [their] lips; but their heart is far from me.

Isa 29:13¶Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Mat 10:26Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

Remember Judas???

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There is a difference between good old fashioned Bible preaching and churchatainment. Sadly, many are impressed with theatrics and not with bible preaching.

3. suedonny

suedonny New Member

yes indeed

Yes indeed
    my husband had cancer, and a so called religious man tried to get me in a situation that Ididnt want to be in and he HAD and DOES fool everyone.It is Churchatainment for him.I see the light..its really hard for new Christians:saint:

4. suedonny

suedonny New Member

ok

you are right Brother Bob, Ive run into them...as a woman its not easy..you ARE right. They are out there.:tongue3:

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Brother Bob, I hate to say it but I fear you are more right than any of us know.

I have heard many say that we would be suprised to know those among us who are saved that we think are not and those that are not saved that we think are.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You know, there is something about playing out ones sin fantasies in church that makes me trimble just to think about it. Is nothing holy anymore?

I realize we all sin. This goes back to the thread of why the lost go to church. My answer to that was, if I was lost and knew it, I would not waste my time, money or effort going to church. I could find something else to do.

By the same token, if I was going to steal money, I would rob a bank, many banks, before taking one penny from a local church, the house of God.

If I was going to pursue the sin of lust and adultery, I would think one could find better places to practice it than the house of God.

The only conclusion I can reach, is if a mind is so twisted to play sin games in the church, there must be no fear of God there anyhow.