1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Living in light of the kingdom of God...

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by jcf, Feb 6, 2005.

1. jcf

jcf Guest

Living in light of
    The Kingdom of God
    by John C. Ferreira

Understanding the truth of the coming kingdom of God and living in light of it has been the message from God from the beginning. This message of hope and great joy is contained in what we know as the Gospel or Good News.

Within this study is the message as found throughout Scripture, the promises of God to all mankind, the Gospel.

The gospel message is the power of God unto salvation to all who believe. I pray your eyes will be open to the truth of God's love and the awesome plan He has for all those who call on Him out of a pure heart.

Mark 1:15 "The time has come. The kingdom of God is very near! Change your hearts and believe the Good News!"

What is the Kingdom of God?
    The kingdom of God is a time where God's truth and love will reign in the hearts of all His creation. It's a time when there will be no more death, pain or suffering. Mankind will live as God created us to live, in fellowship with Him and with one another. Revelation 21:4 God will wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor pain. All of these things will be gone forever.'' Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven... Rev.21:3, Gen.17:7-8, Jer.31:33-34, Ezek.34:24-25, Rev.21:7, Luke 1:33, 1 Cor.15:24-26, 1 Cor.2:9

Where will this Kingdom be?
    Over and over again the scriptures teach that the kingdom of God will be here on earth. God said there will be a new heaven and a new earth where all things will become new. Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth... Psalms 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the Lord, They shall inherit the earth . Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven ... 1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven ... Romans 4:13, Matthew 6:10, Isaiah 60:21, Psalms 37:29, Psalms 37:22, Rev.11:15, Rev.5:10 Gen.13:14-15, Exodus 32:13, Psalms 2:7-8, Psalms 25:12-13, Psalms 37:11, Psalms 37:34, Luke 17:24,

Who will be in this kingdom?
    God, at this very minute, is calling people of all walks of life, whether rich or poor, young or old to be in His coming kingdom. God loves all His creation and desires all to come to understand this truth. The desire of God's heart is to have a big family, one who loves Him and loves each other. Jesus once said, "Those who do my Father's will are My brothers and sisters." Matthew 12:50 Whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. Luke 12:32 "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom... John 14:23 Jesus answered him, "If a man loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him... Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven... 2 Tim 2:22, Heb.5:8-9, Mat.24:46, 1 Cor.15:23, 2 Tim 4:8, Rev.2:7, Rev.2:11, Rev.21:7, Heb.10:36, 1 Peter 4:2, 1 John 2:17

How can I know this is true?
    The first and most important thing to know is that God is not a man that He should lie. God tells us to first believe that He is real and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him. When we do this, we will know the truth and the truth will make us free. Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man, that He should lie... Hebrews 11:6 without faith it is impossible to be well-pleasing unto God; for he that cometh to God must believe that He is real and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek after Him... John 8:32 You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free... 2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in Christ are Yes, and in Him Amen... 2 Timothy 2:11 The saying is sure and true: If we have died with him, we shall live with him;

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Were hosting a conference on the judgment seat of Christ and the kingdom of God next month down here in Texas brother, you should come [​IMG]

3. jcf

jcf Guest

Thanks for the offer brother James but I'll be suffering on a cruise next month. The kingdom message has been distorted over the years causing us to loose sight of the promisses of God. The time is near, history is about to close. Time and space as we know it will have no affect on our new bodies. Believe and seek first above all things this kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be add unto you.