1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Local schools serve breakfast and lunch through Summer months!?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

BINGO. You NAILED the prevailing attitude about anyone who isn't just like them, or who does not prescribe to their political worldview.

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I told you how it was; we made little more than the minimum wage, I saved my money, and most of the others blew a big part on booze, dope, and strip joints. Well, bless them and curse me, if you choose, but I've been close enough to the situation to know it first hand whether you like it or not.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well if you want to compare poor we can compare poor. You made little more than minimum wage. Gee, that is a lot considering that my first job was thinning and later picking peaches at .50 cents an hour. I made about $3500 a year in my first full time job.

If you would like I will give you the financial rules my wife and I worked out before we married and that served us very well.

Regardless, I worked, tithed, saved and ended up being comfortable. That experience did not harden my heart again my fellow workers who worked hard and still remained poor and in need. I have empathy for them, not scorn and do not deride them. I am blessed and believe that blessing should be passed on to others. Part of that passing on is helping them through my taxes that are used to give kids free breakfasts and lunches. I am glad that kids in need receive food. I would that they received better medical and dental care. I do not judge the whole of those receiving from the government by the few that abuse the system.

I am sorry you hold your fellow man in such low esteem. To me that is very sad.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And that's what it amounts to. They hold others in low esteem and themselves in high esteem because of what a lot of them feel like THEY did in" pulling themselves up by their boot straps":Rolleyes

THEY did it.
    God had nothing to do with it.
    His blessing was nowhere to be found.

And it's because they think THEY did it that they have no empathy for anyone else's situation. He thinks he's better because HE did it and thinks they are too lazy to do the same.

It's a shame because the very things that should have softened them to the poor has hardened their hearts toward them.

But you notice that you're talking to the same folks who have never shown any empathy for the poor or anyone who doesn't fit a certain profile.

Phi. 2:3 Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.

Continue to do God's work CTB and bring him honor. Don't ever let anyone sway you into thinking that when God said for us to care for the poor that HE had attached all of our conditions.

This whole thread stinks of a wickedness.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, actually I know kids who would do the same exact thing because that would be all of the food that they would have for that day right here on Long Island. McDonald's is a dream. Smart phone? Maybe if someone gave them one. Yes, there are some who scam the system but there are truly those who don't have anything.

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So cry about it.

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, just feel it is a shame hold others in such low esteem. Remember we will be judged in the same manner that we judge others.

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [QUOTE="Zaac, post: 2239389, member: 1145
    This whole thread stinks of a wickedness.[/QUOTE]

If you get off of it, that would be lessened to a significant extent.

9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're gonna be judged in the same manner you judge me? Okay.

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, and I have no ill will toward you, just sadness.

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that is the kind of reply I like! You get an "A" for effort!

NOW reply to all those scriptures about
    how GOD WANTS US TO WORK FOR OUR LIVING!!!!!

12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He does not believe he will be judged, brother! Those who judge, have a god complex! They forget we were called to WITNESS, not judge! You are correct ... they will be judged in the same manner they judge!

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that is true??? Then why are you so judgmental??? Sure you hold tons of ill will for those on this board you disagree with; it shows in your retaliatory comments, inflamed words of judgment, and constant looking down your nose at those who are not in love with liberalism!

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

"There you go again!" (Ronald Reagan)
    [​IMG]

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not stay with the OP topic. How can you feel it proper to let children go hungry? Where in the teachings of Jesus do you see this idea promoted?

17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

18. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am curious about your thought on the morality of accepting Social Security.

19. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An excellent question.

I wonder how he can justify:

1. the government building roads for his use?
    2. buying food products the government subsidized?
    3. using medicines and medical equipment developed by government laboratories?
    The list could go on and on. Why does he deserve those and other government benefits and kids do not deserve food?

20. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me say this slower ... what ... is .. wrong ... with ... people ... that ... can't .... support .. themselves? Ans ... since ... there ... is ... umpteen ... forms ... of ... free ... birth ... control ... why ... are ... poor ... indigent ... needy ... adults ... reproducing .... only ... to ... populate .. ur ... country ... with ... more ... hungry ... children?

Also,,,, answer ,,, scripture ... about ... God's ... command ... to ... people ... to ... earn ... a ... living?

Is that slow enough for you ctb???? You quote one meesely scripture, out of context, and I give you a ton of scripture about the ethic of working. And you can't dispute? Well ... how .. about .. getting .. off ... your ... liberal .. high ... horse ... and ... live ... in ... the ...the ... real ... world??????