1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Logos 3

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Deacon, May 3, 2006.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

If you can't afford a commerical program...

My Choice is e-Sword...

It's FREE, Intuitive, and has a ton of Modules...

www.e-sword.net

There are numerous users groups on Yahoo Groups and you'll get support from those groups like you'll never get support from any commerical Product...

Mike Sr.

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And only 1379.95 or only six payments of 231.49 with a little fee on top! Why I can remember when you could buy a car for that much :)

Me thinks I will have to stick with e-sword, their payment system is better for my budget :)

4. nate

nate New Member

I thought Libronix was the best. But I have seen Logos and in short...I really want it. The Gold "Scholars Library" has so many great resources.

5. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

I have bought a *lot* of references at Goodwill and some from Christian Book Distributors for a song...

That's a lot of resources? Yes!

But, will you get $1400 worth of use from it?

Assuming you can even afford it...

When I get into something that deeply, deeply enough to need those extras that e-Sword doesn't have, I want hard copy and a big table!

Lots of note paper, too...

6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FYI Logos and Libronix are the same product.

At $1300+, you are looking at the deluxe model, the premiere every-thing-included version.

I'd personally recommend the Base Scholars Library (purple) edition at about $630 (still very pricy).
    The Scholars Library provides a fully usable product with many nice extras.
    I've owned my version for years (via E-bay at quite a discount) and have added to it as I go. My individualized upgrade price was more than reasonable.

I wouldn't recommend any lower priced version because you sacrifice too much and will end up eventually paying for an upgrade.

Rob

7. standingfirminChrist

I reccommend Bibleworks 7. It has more than enough study material in it. And much much cheaper than Logos.

BTW, I do have Libronix as well, but prefer my Bibleworks

8. mnw

mnw New Member

E-Sword is the way to go in my opinion. There are lots of unofficial add ons to which bulk out the program a bit

9. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is really the advantage of a computer program.
    Notes are paperless...
    Filing is easier...

And I can open each book up on the computer and search more texts in an hour that I could in a week of library research.

I still have a good collection of my old "hard copy" reference texts that sit on display on my bookshelf hardly ever used :(
    ... because I can use them with so much more ease on my computer.

One of the benefits of Libronix is that they have a huge selection of up-to-date titles to read on your computer.
    Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy sitting down and spending some time "turning pages".

However whenever a new reference becomes available I now struggle with whether to get the hard-copy or the software version.

Rob