1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Long hair on men

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Nicholas25, May 8, 2006.

1. musicforyou

musicforyou New Member

Shiloh you really need to read your bible a little bit better. The bible strictly says not to drink strong drink. It also says not to destroy the temple of God and if you are truly saved then God dwells inside of you and you are the temple of God. It's people like you that give the rest of us a bad name.

2. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

"Shiloh you really need to read your bible a little bit better," by music
    ------------------------------------------------
    You know ...YOU ARE RIGHT! [​IMG]
    Now...do you want to talk separation? [​IMG]

3. musicforyou

musicforyou New Member

dcorbett,
    It is not all about appearance for me, but I do believe that when God changes the inside he will also change the outside. The bible says that we show our faith by our works. Oh and BTW I also am one of those "heavy set gals" and I am glad also it's not about appearance because I am getting married in less than 2 months. People are so quick to judge. I'm not saying that a man with long hair is not a Christian. That is between himself and God, but I am saying that at first glance they would not appear to be. As for the Mormon thing, you just have to know your bible and search the scriptures and "rightly divide the word of truth."

4. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

The original question was is long hair a sin for a Christian man? The answer is no...unless the Holy Spirit convicts you of long hair and you refuse to cut it. We are not talking about Salvation we are talking about submission. The BIBLE said even nature calls it a shame. You can have an IQ of a donut hole and know that for a fellow to have long hair it is weird!

5. standingfirminChrist

Man looks on the outside but God looks at the heart. This is speaking about character rather than appearance. If God felt the outward appearance was important, don't you think He would have had the man who was pointing souls to Christ wearing more than camel's hair? Don't you think even our Lord Himself would have had a more 'comely' appearance?

I am also quite sure that if it were all about appearance, God would not have had one prophet to go naked for 3 and a half years.

Jesus said, 'He that believeth in me as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.' The evidence of Christ in you will be your walk and your talk. And that walk and that talk should affect others around you.

Nature itself teaches us that long hair on a man is a shame. If the Bible says it is a shame, ask yourself this question... 'Do I want to live in shame?'

John the Baptist was a Nazarite, Samson was a Nazarite. The Nazarite vow was a vow that God took serious... The Nazarite had to put God first and foremost in all he or she did. The Nazarite vow could only be taken by Israelites according to Numbers 6. The Nazarite vow was a reproach for the men because they did walk in shame because of the long hair. The Nazarite vow meant one could not eat or drink any fruit of the vine.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Precisely! :eek: :confused: :D [​IMG]

7. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know about the above being SINS....but a combover LOOKS ridiculous, and a mullet is so weird that noone in their right mind would wear one....and yes, taking you seriously is an error of gross proportions..... [​IMG]

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Why, dcorbett...I can't believe you would insinuate that I have Chronic Baptist Board Smart-Aleck disorder! I take my meds every day...

OK, so they're life savers. But it's the thought that counts.

(I have been known to be serious. But on a 9-page "Hair thread?" Can't do it.)

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Imagine what a Nazirite looked like.

10. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

robycop said "I shave my head...does that make ME evil, or just bald?"

Neither; that would make you folliclely (not sure of spelling) challenged and eligible to play pro sports.

[​IMG] ;) :D [​IMG]

11. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

You might say long hair is a shame when you invite Mr Jones to where his hat while praying. hehehe

12. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why can't all men just have either a flattop or a high and tight? They both look cool and sharp...

13. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Why should they? This is such a trivial topic. People are dying of hunger and we're talking about flattops.

14. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am in the Air Force and was just kidding; did you really think I was being serious?

15. standingfirminChrist

AF,

I think you may be onto something.

16. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I would not know about that, but would suggest that a "Beetles" 'do :confused: , or a 'Fidel Castro' look alike :rolleyes: ,would probably not "fly", in your current line of work. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I've just read a few bits on this thread, FTR.

Ed

17. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ed

18. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Heh! Heh! Very punny! :D
    Ed

19. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Well, the issue has been discussed for 8 pages....

20. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Nah, it's just one page beaten eight times.