1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Look and tell me the truth now

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by donnA, Nov 2, 2001.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

Ok, heres a link for some of the new stuff I am doing. These are my first pieces. Now I've never been much into primitive arts or folk art, but it's growing on me.
    Take a look, tell what you think (or prephapes you don't like folk art at all and hate it).
    Alright heres the disclaimer. I have these posted on my ebay auction page, and I only want you to take a look, I'm not asking ayone to buy anything, ===I don't want your money== only your opinions, so far all I've got in the way of opinion is my husband(hates folk art, not much help), my mother(of course she'd love them), and my friend(who doesn't like to hurt anyones feelings). So maybe they stink and I have no talent. Maybe should quit, or maybe I need lessons and just might get better.

(theres a snowman picture which I did change a little it looks much better but ebay won't allow to change pictures when they are hosting the picture).
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=kysunflower&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25

Thanks Saggy!
    ;) ;)

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: katie ]

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Ik, I only asked. I won't again, just thought I'd share something of myself. I guess not though.

3. Karen

Karen Active Member

My opinion is that you have some neat stuff and show a lot of talent and creativity.
    I go to a LOT of craft shows, am going to one tomorrow. Have not seen anything like these ideas in OK or AR.
    Selling online can be a very hard thing sometimes. A lot depends on time of year
    and who is looking for what. Looks like you
    are doing a good job with descriptive titles.

Karen

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thank you Karen, I appreciate it. Going to keep at it. Whatever I can't sell on line I am going to go to a few craft shows next summer, when I have a lot more. I think I can do pretty good, so far i haven't stuff like this here either.

5. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

Excellent work Katie! [​IMG]

6. Joy

Joy New Member

It's cool! :D I like country!

She maketh fine crafts and selleth them, and delivereth fine merchandise unto Ebay. Proverbs 31:24 (LJV) Lady Joy Version :D :D

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: Joy ]

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

Joy,,, LOL!!
    Good one

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

I sold that Raggedy Time clock!!!!!!!

Yah!!!!!!

The first peice of my own work I've ever sold!!!!!!
    WOW

9. ILuvAWANA

ILuvAWANA New Member

Woooo hooo! Way to go, Katie! Very nice work!!!

:D @ Joy... hehehehe!!!

10. SueLyn

SueLyn New Member

Katie, you've done a wonderful job. I used to work for a woman that had several craft booths in little malls, she had lots of the primitive art, yours looks better than several of the pieces I've seen. But I don't call painting a craft, I see it more of art work. Congrats on selling a piece also! I've thought of selling on E-Bay, but I'm a big chicken, so my hat's off to you!
    Sue ;)

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

Oh Sue, nothing scary about it. Just list, costs only $.30 for each listing, not much of an investment if your not listing a lot of stuff. Then a small percentage fianl value fee. They pay, I wouldn't take checks, you ship. Nothing to it. If your already registered, thats half the battle right there.