1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Look at the HUGE tree in my yard.....

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Dec 28, 2010.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've lived in the same place since 1995 (or '96 - I can't remember right off hand.)

My mother, driving past my house to the road that leads to hers, stopped one day a couple of weeks ago and took this picture (below). I've been struggling spiritually as of late about what have I "missed" that God has for me and that He has been telling me that I am ignoring due to my own self-centeredness. I am saved, of course, and am grateful for it, but I just feel like I have missed the boat as far as the natural and inevitable spiritual growth that comes after salvation.

It's been a burdensome battle I am having, let me tell you that.

This tree, that you can link to below, has been a part of my yard, since I was deeded the property. In fact, my mother can remember it as a small thing when she was a child and played in what was then, my grandparents huge garden.

Of course, I knew the tree was there. I always notice the trunk when I go to the mailbox and I've noticed the fallen leaves, but I have never looked UP and seen it in it's complete beauty and fullness.

I feel like I have missed out on some serious growth as a Christian because I have not looked up and acknowledged the complete majesty of God. I've been in a spiritual turmoil of guilt and confusion and anger at myself.

I think God sent me this picture (via my mother) for a reason.

Anyways, here it is (please ignore my dead azaleas and scrappy shrubs).

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz311/mahjonggirl/bigoaktree.jpg

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What a gorgeous tree and I love seeing how God has used His handiwork to bring you a word. :)

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Dang it girl, I was close to tears without even looking at the tree.
    Bless you and keep on looking up, and looking down, and looking across, and looking sideways. Well, don't look sideways too much because people get suspicious.

But it's amazing what you see when you look. Yep. Yes. Praises to HIM!

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Wow girl! That's a powerful message! (and a beautiful tree!)

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :applause: Good for you! Your post was a blessing, Scarlett O.

6. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I love that God uses ordinary things to speak to us. Keep looking up!!