1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking for a screenwriter..

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by JeffM, Apr 7, 2004.

1. JeffM

JeffM New Member

Hi,

In my introduction post, I mentioned that I work in the video/film industry. I own a small media production company and recently have decided to start doing the Lords work through my business.

One of my talents given to me by the Lord is animating. I started animating when I was about 10. I put this off for most of my life, but recently, the Lord has been pushing me back in this direction so I have decided to submit to his will.

This led me to the idea of creating and producing an animated childrens movie similar to the "Davey and Goliath" animation series, but with the flair and production quality of "Wallace and Gromit".

I already have the characters developed; "Dallas" a boy who is about 8 years old, and his pet Gorilla "James" rescued from a cruel circus owner. Dallas is the son of a Baptist Pastor, either living here in the US, or in the missionary field somewhere abroad. I am not quite sure which yet.

Dallas is a good kid, but like all 8 year olds, gets himself and James into situations that needs the loving guidance of strong Godly parents to get him out of and instill a faith-based life lesson from the Baptist point of view. I am basing the father off the the Hugh Beaumont father in "Leave it to Beaver". A father strong, honest, Godly and wise that did not deviate from his integrity. Mr. Beaumont was a ordained Pastor I believe and insisted on moral, faith-based themes to be woven into every script.

I need to get one story completed to shop around for financing and distribution, but I am not a writer.

Would anyone here be interested in collaborating with me to get this first story and script done?

Thank you for your time,

Jeff