1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking for some good egg dish recipes

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by tulpje, Mar 26, 2002.

1. tulpje

tulpje Guest

I have to bring an egg dish to church Sunday Morning for our pot-luck breakfast in between services... Does anyone have any good recipes? Thank you in advance ;)

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

How about a breakfast casserole? You know with eggs, sausage, cooked rice(tastes great, sounds strange)? Or breakfast burritos? How about several small omletts, with different fillings, ham and cheese, mexican, whatever you can think of, cut them in fours(I usually use a small 6" saute pan for omletts, or sometimes for the whole family I make on big one in my 12 " pan, and cut it).

[ March 26, 2002, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: katie ]

3. tulpje

tulpje Guest

more of the egg caserole type thing. do you have any recipes? I don't want to have to cook in the morning. I want to assemble it the day before and then but it in the oven in the morning while I am getting ready for church.

4. Molly

Molly New Member

Here's a great quiche recipe:
    Place these in pie dish in this order:

1 Pillsbury frozen pie crust(thawed)
    1 can hormel ham,crumbled in pie crust
    2 slices swiss cheese
    1/4 cup mild cheddar(shredded)
    4 eggs mixed with a dash of salt and pepper,1/4 tsp dry mustard and one dash nutmeg,and one cup of milk. Pour this egg mixture over the ham and cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes covered with foil and 20 minutes uncovered. It is delicious. I have substituted these other ingredients and they are good as well. You could do chopped broccoli and cheese or mushrooms(fresh sauteed in butter) with crumbled bacon. I also like black olives and pimentos as extra ingedients. Really,anything would work with the egg mixture and cheeses.

Hope this helps!

5. Molly

Molly New Member

You could add more mild cheddar to make it a little more cheesier. I usually use 1/4 to 1/2 cup. you can judge depending on how cheesy you like things.